• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birthday treat for the heavily pregnant missus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday treat for the heavily pregnant missus

Probably the wrong forum to ask, but any suggestions?

My better half is 7 months pregnant, and ever so slightly emotional (the novelty factor has worn off with #2). So I'm looking for pressie suggestions, thinking maybe spa/facial type thing but done that before so something different would be more than welcome.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Get her a maid. I mean like one that comes in and does the cleaning, washing etc once a week. Costs vary depending on where you live, but around west london we're looking at about £8/hour, and they usually do a couple of hours a week.

My wife wanted one, but I said NO. After all, why did I get married.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      A Goblin Teasmade?

IGMC...
      They should be done under the trades description act as I badly scalded my knob with one of those. Yes they can make tea, but the gobblin bit is just rubbish
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

My better half is 7 months pregnant, and ever so slightly emotional (the novelty factor has worn off with #2). So I'm looking for pressie suggestions, thinking maybe spa/facial type thing but done that before so something different would be more than welcome.
        They do some treatments specifically for pregnant women so that might not be the worst idea in the world.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Facial is always a good idea, if she's amenable to it

Spa is not so good at that stage of pregnancy, since there will be lots of tempting things that pregnant women shouldn't use, which really just rubs it in. As I found out to my cost.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Snaw.

Ms Rantor was at the 7 month stage at Xmas and I opted for a Wii console as it was very non-pregnant woman thing (she was getting fed up with it by then) and would let her get some post-natal tennis practice in. Oh, and an expensive bag as an insurance policy in case I ballsed up with the console

She is now 9 months 1 week pregnant and sitting upstairs with contractions every 10 minutes (for the last day!!!!!!!!! )

In laws here for 10 days now - feeling a wee bit stressed at the moment.

Comment

whatever you get, avoid something that's "for the baby" as it may suggest that she has renounced any right to individual celebrations of her own, and has instead become subsumed into the role of "mother". Not very flattering.

Comment

LOL we all been there, I love the bit about the inlaws

buy her a scalextric

Milan.

Comment

Tens machine, great for back pain relief, can be used in labour too. Also good for zapping your mates like a cheap tazer

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    Tens machine, great for back pain relief, can be used in labour too. Also good for zapping your mates like a cheap tazer
                    You get some great safety advice with those, e.g. don't strap it to your head and switch it on high.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X