• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enya

according to http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Enya

Before long, it became clear Margaret was a greater musician by far than the rest of Clannad, and an amulet she found in the clutches of a sleeping groupie multiplied her powers further. She launched her solo career with the 1986 extra-long-playing album "Silent Are My Eyes." It was at this time she changed her name to Enya; that was her true "spirit name." During the recording of her first solo album, she perfected the art of the polyflute. She could then play five flutes at once. The pop labels wept. Who could master this rising power? No one but the mages at Windham Hill Records, who had signed and tamed such elder groups as Nine Straws Short and The Chair Dusters.

The albums Enya recorded over the next five years raised a groundswell of spiritual devotion from fans. Concerts would spontaneously erupt into prayer sessions.

In 1987, after some music stagnation which she rectified with walks over Mount Everest, she finished her breakthrough track "Bios en Salia" ("Sail Away"). The song topped charts in Great Britain and earned her a nomination at the Hippie Music Awards. On the heels of this success came her 1988 album "Steeplewalker." By this time, a young Bono and others were phoning her to set up promotional deals to take advantage of her unique "saviour" allure.

Even though her 1991 effort, entitled "Milk Spills From the Stars," sold over one million copies, she experienced a change of heart and reshaped her own figure in an elfen form. She lived in Middle Earth for about six months during the third age. Gandalf the Grey and his party of bejeweled adventurers encountered her fancifully strained siren song in Lothlorien. Her soundtrack sped them on their journey. For this, Middle-Earth owes her its freedom from the darkness of Morgoth. Frustratingly for Enya, the hobbits took the credit. While she wasn't made the queen of Gondor as she had hoped, this time in her life inspired the popular 1992 album "Legendarium."

Enya's vast earnings richened her lifestyle. With her newfound fortune, she bought a gothic mansion deep in the forests of France. As these things often go for her, the house was enchanted by wills o' the wisp, which had to be exorcised. Her eating habits in the sprawling estate may be summarised, "Gods' arteries too clog with cholesterol."

etc

All true. It's on "Wikipedia"

I believe that she's Craig Colclough's sister...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I just checked wikipedia to see if everything on it is true, apparently it is, so there.

I found it on a link from the entry "People who reference wikipedia as fact are morons"
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I just checked wikipedia to see if everything on it is true, apparently it is, so there.

I found it on a link from the entry "People who reference wikipedia as fact are morons"
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagpuss

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          I love this.

As if on cue, boogerman uses wiki as his reference...

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Only 13 episodes ? I don't beleive it! I watched Bagpuss for YEARS !
            Kneel before Bod

Comment

Working...
            X