• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppets 3 - worst habits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppets 3 - worst habits

1/ Not indicating, inconsiderate to other drivers, but potentially fatal for pedestrians ,cyclists and motorcyclists. How the feck are we supposed to know where you are going?

2/Middle lane hoggers

3/ Tailgatters, i.e. the people who contribute to needless traffic jams by driving too close to the car in front and hence hitting their brakes every 20 seconds. Just think about fluid dynamics and then realise the havoc you are partly causing

4/ People who use their car as a weapon, i.e those who do not realise pedestrians have right of way if crossing a road

5/ People who use their hazzard lights for poor parking but not when there is a genuine hazzard i.e. warning other motorists the traffic has stopped on a motorway

6/People who dip their beam too late, the moment you can see another cars light dip the beam, not when your lights are shining into the other guys cabin. Seems to be getting worse this one.

End of Rant
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 February 2008, 16:07.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

7/ People who can't park and block the road for 10 minutes as they try to squeeze a Mini into a space big enough for a Hummer.

8/ People who don't understand roundabouts. FFS, they're not that complicated.

Comment

9/ People who park their vehicle halfway, or more, on the pavement (sidewalk)

10/ Old men in cloth caps who pootle along at 20 in a 50 zone.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

11/ drivers who don't know that the dashed line across the whole of a giveway road junction means give way to pedestrians (the double dashed line means give way to pedestrians AND traffic on the main road)
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

12/ Box junction blockers who are responsible for all rush hour gridlock
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

People who moan about my driving standards in the form of sign language, then get road rage, yet have a slower car than mine.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

14/ Women - who are clearly not comfortable driving them - in Disco's and massive MPV's carnaging the roads / pavements outside schools.

15/ People who go around more than half of a roundabout in the left lane.

16/ People who don't pull up at the pumps unless the nossle is on the same side as the filler cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                16/ People who don't pull up at the pumps unless the nossle is on the same side as the filler cap.
                whats wrong with that?
                I've been caught out before by a short pump hose, couldnt get the nozzle in the hole
                I've also had filthy streaks on the back of the car from dirty hoses.
                never again!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I can't think of anything that others do when driving that bothers me.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I've been caught out before by a short pump hose, couldnt get the nozzle in the hole
                    I wouldn't shout that from the rooftops on a public forum if I were you

Comment

Working...
                    X