• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many inches would you take down the throat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many inches would you take down the throat

How many inches would you take down the throat ?

When I say inches, what I mean is management aggro, as in 'give them an inch and they take a mile'

when I say down the throat, what I mean is how often do you have to bite your tongue and swallow your words ?

I suppose what I am really asking is 'how much sh1te can you put up with before you jack in a contract'

my sh1te level has gone down dramatically in the last year or two. must be age or something

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

On many a contract my role has been to take tulip and smile. Many a UK gov contract is like that, after all they don't seriously want the job done. Although that being said at renewal time I've often asked for and received substantial raises, and if someone has offered even more they've gotten seriously upset. One in Cheltenham was like that, bad mouths me to agents whenever he can, loved me to bits when I was there as I just smiled and took the tulip all the while, then I wasn't there any longer and there was just the usual tulippy permies to tulip on, and they don't smile quite as sweetly, probably why they're permies.

threaded in "they must like my happy persona" mode
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

mmm
      do you get your rate increase from the agent or from the client ?

rate increases are a great way to numb the sh 1 te factor

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        threaded in "they must like my happy persona" mode
        Indeed. And who can blame them.

I was just about to stalk you, but both your website and your blog are down.

Deeply unsatisfactory

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Indeed. And who can blame them.

I was just about to stalk you, but both your website and your blog are down.

Deeply unsatisfactory
          Depends where you are. I've been getting prats doing clicks on my adverts to cause trouble, so I've written some stuff to automagically do things to block a few places, but it's my hobby site with experimental stuff and it probably just goes awry, try again and it should come up.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X