• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You make a statement...and then blush

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make a statement...and then blush

I did a classic one today.

I'm in a doctor's surgery, in their admin office. I'm installing a new PC in to the domain, so I need an unused static IP address (The site cannot use DHCP due to a clinical application that hates DHCP).

So, the practice manager turns on all the PC's for me and returns to the office.

She asks me "How are you going to choose an IP address ?"

Knowing that I have AngryIP on my USB pen, I sit down at her PC and say :

"Right. First step. I need to get my little tool out"

(meaning the USB pen from my pocket)

<cue pandemonium and giggles from the present ladies>

I tell ya, these medical secs may appear to be prim and proper, but they are seriously fun when they know someone.

Anyone else recall an anecdote when you innocously say X, but it easily translates in to smut ?

I love the UK's national sense of humour, replete with double entendres et al.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

none of us have ever done anything like that - it is just you

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      "Right. First step. I need to get my little tool out"
      :

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      Anyone else recall an anecdote when you innocously say X, but it easily translates in to smut ?
      Sorry, I can't say I've ever heard of that happening before.

Does it happen to you much?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I was discussing snow conditions with some German women, and said it was a bit mushy. They didn't know the word, so I looked it up on the dictionary on my pda. "weichlich".

They all burst out laughing but wouldn't tell me why. Later, on of the men told me.

How was I to know that it is local slang for how a lady gets when she's turned on?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yesterday I said something about my hose being too short to get in a hole.
          Seemed to get a few giggles from some normally quite anal IT workers
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

A woman in the accounts dept here was talking with the auditors (not renowned for their sense of humour) the other day, and unfortunately instead of saying "Joe Bloggs" she said "Blow Jobs".

Auditors; straight faced.
            Accountant; red faced.
            Wobb; sniggering like Mutley.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

When I first came to Denmark and didn't quite know the language, on the cycle races when about to lap they'd shout "bagfra", and I got used to shouting it as a warning when about to overtake, one day I shouted this on the cycle path on my daily commute and got a really odd look from this lady as I passed.

So when I got to work I asked what it meant: "from behind", yeah OK, so what's the problem?

Some months later in a more intimate mileau I discovered it's meaning is more like "doggy style"
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I once went to HMV and asked the pretty young lady behind the counter "Have you got Laid by James?"
                If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I was discussing snow conditions with some German women, and said it was a bit mushy. They didn't know the word, so I looked it up on the dictionary on my pda. "weichlich".
                  'mushy' is also a German slang word for a woman's private parts.

I get problems with the German words for gay (as in nine bob note) and humid, schwül and schwul...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I get problems with the German words for gay (as in nine bob note) and humid, schwül and schwul...
                    That's why I don't use either word. I can never remember which is which.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X