• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Denny banned for how long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denny banned for how long?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/denny.html

banned

Does that mean temporary or permanent?

I do hope it is temporary - though I expect I am in a minority. And who could blame the mods for a permanent ban?

Perhaps they changed the rules as I suggested, that posters must have at least a tenuous grip on reality... no, that can't be it. I'm still here.

I hope it's temporary too. Occasionally she's made useful contributions, and it's always fun to have someone to argue with.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So if I say something now and Denny can't hear me, am I still wrong?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        So if I say something now and Denny can't hear me, am I still wrong?
        Only if you don't delete it before she gets back
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And who could blame the mods for a permanent ban?
          I wouldn't.

Denny was the first, second and third person to really flame me when I was a newbie. Or at least, that I can recall.

All I have seen from that individual is stirring of trouble and hypocrisy.

I can see how Troll and Churchill and the rest of the General brigade behave and I suspect most newbies work out their "No. Next" responses are to be ignored.

But Denny's precision pulling-to-pieces of posts and personal attacks are genuinely nasty. Not random, poor-humour "Then you're not good enough to be a contractor" responses but bitter, vindictive and cruel stabs at an individual's thought processes and approach to life.

I'm not frightened of General any more (well, less so) but I have always been loathe to post in any thread in which Denny was active.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            I wouldn't.

Denny was the first, second and third person to really flame me when I was a newbie. Or at least, that I can recall.

All I have seen from that individual is stirring of trouble and hypocrisy.

I can see how Troll and Churchill and the rest of the General brigade behave and I suspect most newbies work out their "No. Next" responses are to be ignored.

But Denny's precision pulling-to-pieces of posts and personal attacks are genuinely nasty. Not random, poor-humour "Then you're not good enough to be a contractor" responses but bitter, vindictive and cruel stabs at an individual's thought processes and approach to life.

I'm not frightened of General any more (well, less so) but I have always been loathe to post in any thread in which Denny was active.

I just wanted to capture this so that if she returns she sees it!!!

Comment

I believe Denny to be the vindictive, petty, frustrated, embittered alter ego of one of the other posters. Denny may even have started as a joke, but as the Denny personality grew, it took over the normally more pleasant original member.

cue spooky music
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

How long is this for? How am I supposed to troll when some of the best troll fodder has been removed?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  http://forums.contractoruk.com/members/denny.html

banned

Does that mean temporary or permanent?

I do hope it is temporary - though I expect I am in a minority. And who could blame the mods for a permanent ban?
                  Please tell me it's forever. Please.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    How long is this for? How am I supposed to troll when some of the best troll fodder has been removed?
                    I'm glad she is gone she flew the flag for the newbies but was an utter bitch to me.

Well done ferret.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X