• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which of you saddos is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of you saddos is this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7257623.stm

The conviction of Steve Wright for the murder of five prostitutes in Suffolk has again thrown the light on prostitution. The debate about its legal and social status is as current as ever, but what do the men who visit prostitutes think about what they do?

Patrick, Pete and Mark have some things in common.

They are all successful, professional men, who work long hours and have to travel away from home. But what really unites them is that they all use prostitutes and are utterly unashamed about it.

Patrick, an IT worker in his 50s, dislikes the coverage of the issue. He dislikes the pieces written by feminists like Julie Bindel in the Guardian, who describes prostitution as "abuse". Patrick also dislikes the tabloids.

"I've been totally monogamous in my life, with one partner. I wanted to know what is it like to have sex with somebody who isn't your partner."

After his first encounter, in an Edinburgh sauna, Patrick felt happy.

"I was quite elated afterwards. From the sexual side, which was better physically than what I would normally get at home, and also the conversation with the woman."

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7257623.stm

The conviction of Steve Wright for the murder of five prostitutes in Suffolk has again thrown the light on prostitution. The debate about its legal and social status is as current as ever, but what do the men who visit prostitutes think about what they do?

Patrick, Pete and Mark have some things in common.

They are all successful, professional men, who work long hours and have to travel away from home. But what really unites them is that they all use prostitutes and are utterly unashamed about it.

Patrick, an IT worker in his 50s, dislikes the coverage of the issue. He dislikes the pieces written by feminists like Julie Bindel in the Guardian, who describes prostitution as "abuse". Patrick also dislikes the tabloids.

"I've been totally monogamous in my life, with one partner. I wanted to know what is it like to have sex with somebody who isn't your partner."

After his first encounter, in an Edinburgh sauna, Patrick felt happy.

"I was quite elated afterwards. From the sexual side, which was better physically than what I would normally get at home, and also the conversation with the woman."
    Isn't zeity in his fifties?

Comment

"They seem to enjoy my company, several have moved onto more of a friendship aspect. There are a couple who have phoned me for advice on tax matters."

screwed by HMRC? Know the feeling.

Comment

Edinburgh saunas, brill! Used to be so cheap. In my book it's not paying for sex that's sad but spending a lot of money on it!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Edinburgh saunas, brill! Used to be so cheap. In my book it's not paying for sex that's sad but spending a lot of money on it!
          The majority of women in relationships are just hookers who defer payment. You'll end up paying for the sex somewhere down the line.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            The majority of women in relationships are just hookers who defer payment. You'll end up paying for the sex somewhere down the line.

HTH.
            And the award for bleakest, most misogynistic outlook of the year goes to: -

Sockpuppet

Yay!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

HTH.
              Sockpuppet
              banned

HTH
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Although many will not admit to using pros I think there's a lot of hypocrisy on the subject and expense does have a lot to do with it. If a woman came up to you in a bar and offered you an hour's naked romp and an HJ for £25 would you refuse? In 1997 thats what it cost in an Edinburgh sauna, £10 admission + £15 "extras". Mind you, I always forked out for a tip.

It would cost you more than to take a woman out to dinner even once. Ok, the very tiny number of blokes who have a high sex drive and have the charm to pull whenever they want are entitled to call prossie user saddos but I am betting that does not apply to 95% of CUK regulars.

The other thing, I would totally second what that chap in the article says, these were really likeable ladies doing what they did because they wanted to and it paid far more than some dull factory job, not screwed up drug addicts as on the streets. They also had excellent protection on call against any nutters.

Society should be built on free choices for women as well as men. Anyone who would outlaw prostitution whatever the circumstances is no feminist.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

HTH.
                  Paul McCartney will agree with that
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

HTH.
                    Well, I'm still ahead, after 17 years of marriage, even on "professional rates" -and she's VERY good, and, before you ask, not available to you. And have you told your girlfriend?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X