• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War with Russia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War with Russia

UK's last reserve of 1000 soldiers now deployed to Kosovo

Canada announced its intent to pull it's 2500 troops out of Afghansistan creating a void UK may be expected to fill

Ruskies rattling sabres on doorstep of Europe

may you live in interesting times
    Russia has not ruled out using force to resolve the dispute over Kosovo's declaration of independence from Serbia if NATO forces breach the terms of their U.N. mandate, Moscow's ambassador to NATO warned on Friday.

"If the EU works out a single position or if NATO steps beyond its mandate in Kosovo, these organizations will be in conflict with the U.N., and then I think we will also begin operating under the assumption that in order to be respected, one needs to use force," Dmitry Rogozin said, in comments carried by Russia's Interfax news agency.

Following violent protests in the Serbian capital Belgrade on Thursday, culminating in an attack on the U.S. Embassy which left one person dead and dozens injured, a spokesman for Russia's Foreign Ministry also warned that Kosovo's declaration would have a "negative impact."
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Wot's this got to do with immigration?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Wot's this got to do with immigration?
      Conscription on its way ....HTH

Comment

Well. I'm up for it!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Well. I'm up for it!
          Are you an immigrant?

Comment

Recognising Kosovo independance is breathtaking stupidity. I would not blame the ruskies for sending its own troops in to counter the NATO moves. Hopefully it doesnt escalate, but if it does it is NATO's fault entirely.
            Last edited by tay; 22 February 2008, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              Recognising Kosovo independance is breathtaking stupidity. I would blame the ruskies for sending its own troops in to counter the NATO moves. Hopefully it doesnt escalate, but if it does it is NATO's fault entirely.
              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                Recognising Kosovo independance is breathtaking stupidity. I would not blame the ruskies for sending its own troops in to counter the NATO moves. Hopefully it doesnt escalate, but if it does it is NATO's fault entirely.
                Absobloodylutely.

The 5hitstorm that will likely kick off from this will blight us for decades.

What do these self-satisfied clowns in NATO think they are doing?

Poking an bear with a pointy stick comes to mind.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

**** em.

They talk a good game but they're still sh!te at actually getting things done, or doing those things well. All well and good when they could throw millions of bodies around, but their people won't accept that I think (Plus they're rapidly declining in numbers) and Oil and Gas money only gets you so much technology.

ex-KGB sabre rattlers, who need to realise that like the British, and the French had to, their day in the sun is over. I'd be more worried of China or even India these days.

(Tough talking eh?)
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

They talk a good game but they're still sh!te at actually getting things done, or doing those things well. All well and good when they could throw millions of bodies around, but their people won't accept that I think (Plus they're rapidly declining in numbers) and Oil and Gas money only gets you so much technology.

ex-KGB sabre rattlers, who need to realise that like the British, and the French had to, their day in the sun is over. I'd be more worried of China or even India these days.

(Tough talking eh?)
                    I hope you are right. You probably are, I cant see Russia going to war over this. But wouldnt blame them if they did.... spose it doesnt need to be war, they dont recognise Kosovo as an independant nation, so still part of Serbia, and if Serbia invites them in... it would get messy with 2 different 'peace keeping' forces keeping 'peace' for opposing sides in the same province/country. Its just bloody stupid of NATO.

Comment

Working...
                    X