• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashes to Ashes

I've seen 3 episodes now. Aside from the mildly amusing Audi Quattro gag I think its turning out disappointingly tulipe. Don't think I'll be watching any more, some one tell me what happens at the end (although it's all too predictable).

i concur
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I enjoy the escapism of it all. It's supposed to be more light-hearted that Life on Mars as she actually knows it's all in her head.

Plus, she would get it.

Twice.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        I've seen 3 episodes now. Aside from the mildly amusing Audi Quattro gag I think its turning out disappointingly tulipe. Don't think I'll be watching any more, some one tell me what happens at the end (although it's all too predictable).
        A classic case of 'Jumping the Shark' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_Shark)

Take a successful TV-program/movie then repeat/exaggerate it - it never works.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I agree... it's a shame as it had promise. I will watch it out though.

Life on Mars was brilliant - breath of fresh air.
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

I knew it was going down hill when Gene's brother Mike apeared in the first episode
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Ashes to Ashes...
              Life on Mars...

What's next? Diamond Dogs?
              Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                Ashes to Ashes...
                Life on Mars...

What's next? Diamond Dogs?
                Judging by the way it's going something by Tin Machine
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Judging by the way it's going something by Tin Machine
                  Kneel before Bod

Comment

Had Life on mars been a US show it would have been planned to run for 6 episodes and then extended so that it ran for years. Prison break is a good example of this. The current run could have been done in 3 shows instead of the 12 or so it has taken.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X