• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holidaying not too far away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidaying not too far away

Thinking of an early may holiday either in the mainland UK, northern france, channel islands or Ireland.

Any recommendations?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Thinking of an early may holiday either in the mainland UK, northern france, channel islands or Ireland.

Any recommendations?
    Pontypridd.

It's simply stunning in May. Never mind 'Paris in the Springtime'.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Isn't the Sun doing those £9.50 holidays again this year

Comment

Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
        Isn't the Sun doing those £9.50 holidays again this year
        Yes, but only to Pontypridd

(if you live within a mile of Pontypridd it's only £7.50)

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Pontypridd
          WARNING: That's in WALES

Godforsaken tuliphole. Tulipest holiday I ever had

Don't be spending you hard earned wedge on those ungrateful lot.

Comment

Any recommendations?
            I liked Jersey. It is like being in northern France with the names of the places and the architecture, but it has the benefit that there are no French people.

On a serious note, the food was without exception superb. They do pub lunches very well and expensive restaurants are even better.

It is good if you like to see castles, not sure that I would recommend it for other sightseeing activities though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I liked Jersey. It is like being in northern France with the names of the places and the architecture, but it has the benefit that there are no French people.

On a serious note, the food was without exception superb. They do pub lunches very well and expensive restaurants are even better.

It is good if you like to see castles, not sure that I would recommend it for other sightseeing activities though.
              Or if you like to see people in God's waiting room!

Comment

Learn to sail - then you can spend them where you like in the future...

www.uksa.org
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Any recommendations?
                  Go to Paris, rent an apartment off the Rue De Rivoli for an absolutely perfect break, you're not told what time to have breakfast, as might should you stay in a hotel. You come back to your apartment in the afternoon and relax absorbing the atmosphere. perfect.

I think got my last place through here: http://www.parisattitude.com/
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Skegness
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X