PDA

View Full Version : Change the Forum back to EZBoard

milanbenes
10th July 2005, 14:08
To The Management:

this forum software is not an improvement

as has already been observed it, the Avitar pictures make reading a
thread cumbersome with all of the scrolling requirements

the forum is too cluttered and containing too much irrelevant information and buttons

the colour scheme makes following threads difficult, am I reading a post, a quote or an instruction from cuk

Question to the other drinkers at the CUK pub...

shall we organise our own EZBoard / General forum instead of this one ?
or does anybody have a good forum we can use ? perhaps AtW's forum ?

perhaps CUK want this forum to be workplace unfriendly and therefore
discourage us lot from posting here ?

certainly unless an alternative is found my contribution will reduce - which some may argue will be a good thing

Milan.

milanbenes
10th July 2005, 14:19
this is amusing,

the EZBoard CUK forum page ( http://p201.ezboard.com/bcuk ) contained a banner ad and two rows of adverts:

Useful Sites: Freelance UK | The Register | NeverBeLate | Freelancers.net | ************ | PCG | Small Business UK | ZDNet | 1stAccountancy
Advertisement - - IT contractor insurance - fast, competitive cover - just fill out an online application form.

this forum contains only a banner ad !

that's a smart business move.

Milan.

AtW
10th July 2005, 14:36
perhaps AtW's forum ?

Errr, its an honour but I feel that allowing HHaH to rage over my forum would be too hard to hoot :eek:

planetit
10th July 2005, 14:57
I agree with Milan. The new forum isn’t workplace friendly, so might have to find some other way to fill my day. Might even have to start doing some work!

HappyBaggie
10th July 2005, 16:56
the forum is too cluttered and containing too much irrelevant information and buttons

Must admit, I agree too. There are just so may features that I've no interest in seeing and far too much wasted space around the messages. I just keep thinking... Why? I've no interest how many posts a member has made, when they joined or what pretty graphic they choose to upload.

Or maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man...

Mindomoo
10th July 2005, 21:45
The old one was the best

I didnt post much, merely lurked a lot so as not to hghlight any client net policies.......

but lurking was MUCH easier on the old one

MarillionFan
10th July 2005, 22:33
Have to agree, the problem here is the use of avatars is not workplace friendly. I dont think the Brian & Co realise how badly this will affect daily postings but to be honest considering the lack of postings the boys have shown over the last 18 months it's probably not a big deal of what they do.

What is it you do for work?

AtW
10th July 2005, 22:58
Have to agree too -- mainly white look of the ezboard made it innocently looking from distance, as if it was blank word screen or something.

In fact it would be nice to have a number of skins on the side to optionally make posts look as if they are inside Word Document or Visual Studio

Lucifer Box
10th July 2005, 23:55
You can edit your profile so that avatars, signatures, and/or images are not shown. That helps a bit.

Not So Wise
11th July 2005, 01:46
It's not so much the software (though vbulletin is one of my least favs) it's the template/design. Someone focused more on look than practicalites

fiddle
11th July 2005, 07:23
I would suggest you could use the forum on one of my sites but as the snots have blocked my urls for reasons best known to themselves I can't.

Anyhow I'm voting with my feet (which may well encourage others to stay I guess) - this is my last CUK post.

John Galt
11th July 2005, 07:46
Oh stop moaning you lot - thought we all came on here to have a chat/fight/laugh with like minded people - they've only changed the wallpaper for heaven's sake!

DimPrawn
11th July 2005, 07:54
But I find the layout really annoying to the point where I can't be arsed to read the posts.

The good thing about this new forum is I'm getting a lot of work done on other things I'd been putting off. :) Thank you CUK for freeing me from the addiction.

The main issue is the layout and colour scheme makes it pretty obvious you are not working where as the plain black and white of the old forum meant it didn't catch the miserable permie bosses eye as much.

I won't be visiting much. Which was nice.

WageSlave
11th July 2005, 08:03
Was there this much negative reaction and boycotting when CUK switched to the ezboard, or is this new and dangerous territory?

milanbenes
11th July 2005, 08:09
agree with the above and will be posting a lot less

have fun all

will check back from time to time to see if anybody has suggested
a more workplace friendly bulletin board which can be utilised for our
chit chat or to see if CUK have switch back to EZ

all the best

Milan.

wendigo100
11th July 2005, 09:24
I have to agree. Not workplace friendly at all, the interesting bits (post text) are too spread out, and the whole thing is difficult to read.

Apart from the links, even an ASCII-only bulletin board would be an improvement.

PerlOfWisdom
11th July 2005, 10:52
And for those of us who's sight is no longer perfect, the text size is too small and does not respond to changing the text size in I.E.

wobbegong
11th July 2005, 10:57
And for those of us who's sight is no longer perfect, the text size is too small and does not respond to changing the text size in I.E.

Switch to Firefox. ;)