• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change the Forum back to EZBoard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change the Forum back to EZBoard

To The Management:

this forum software is not an improvement

as has already been observed it, the Avitar pictures make reading a
    thread cumbersome with all of the scrolling requirements

the forum is too cluttered and containing too much irrelevant information and buttons

the colour scheme makes following threads difficult, am I reading a post, a quote or an instruction from cuk

Question to the other drinkers at the CUK pub...

shall we organise our own EZBoard / General forum instead of this one ?
    or does anybody have a good forum we can use ? perhaps AtW's forum ?

perhaps CUK want this forum to be workplace unfriendly and therefore
    discourage us lot from posting here ?

certainly unless an alternative is found my contribution will reduce - which some may argue will be a good thing

Milan.

this is amusing,

the EZBoard CUK forum page ( http://p201.ezboard.com/bcuk ) contained a banner ad and two rows of adverts:

Useful Sites: Freelance UK | The Register | NeverBeLate | Freelancers.net | ************ | PCG | Small Business UK | ZDNet | 1stAccountancy
    Advertisement - - IT contractor insurance - fast, competitive cover - just fill out an online application form.

this forum contains only a banner ad !

that's a smart business move.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      perhaps AtW's forum ?
      Errr, its an honour but I feel that allowing HHaH to rage over my forum would be too hard to hoot

Comment

I agree with Milan. The new forum isn’t workplace friendly, so might have to find some other way to fill my day. Might even have to start doing some work!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          the forum is too cluttered and containing too much irrelevant information and buttons
          Must admit, I agree too. There are just so may features that I've no interest in seeing and far too much wasted space around the messages. I just keep thinking... Why? I've no interest how many posts a member has made, when they joined or what pretty graphic they choose to upload.

Or maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man...

Comment

I agree..........

The old one was the best

I didnt post much, merely lurked a lot so as not to hghlight any client net policies.......

but lurking was MUCH easier on the old one

Comment

Workplace Friendy

Have to agree, the problem here is the use of avatars is not workplace friendly. I dont think the Brian & Co realise how badly this will affect daily postings but to be honest considering the lack of postings the boys have shown over the last 18 months it's probably not a big deal of what they do.

What is it you do for work?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have to agree too -- mainly white look of the ezboard made it innocently looking from distance, as if it was blank word screen or something.

In fact it would be nice to have a number of skins on the side to optionally make posts look as if they are inside Word Document or Visual Studio

Comment

You can edit your profile so that avatars, signatures, and/or images are not shown. That helps a bit.

Comment

It's not so much the software (though vbulletin is one of my least favs) it's the template/design. Someone focused more on look than practicalites

Comment

Working...
                    X