• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solution/Enterprise Architects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution/Enterprise Architects

I'm not sure if this is out of line, but I would like the opportunity to discuss off-line some career advise with experienced solution/enterprise architects. If anyone is willing to do this, I would appreciate it if you could PM me.

Many thanks,

James

No, it's not out of line but we don't know you. We'll happily answer public questions but generally we only spend time and effort on a 1 to 1 basis with people we know.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Unless of course some kind soul has already contacted you...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Also, any advice given could be helpful to other board members or to our resident lurkers who aren't brave enough to ask questions themselves.

So, ask away and if it starts to get specific you can always take it offline with the person helping you.

Comment

Question away, though I would echo others comments in that just do it on the forum that way everyone can benefit from the discussion!

My no1 bit of advice for someone who want's to be an Enterprise or Solution Architect, is that before you think about being one make sure you have a few years under your belt, with scars on your back to prove it, from some other part of the IT industry.

The best architects are those that have been there, done that and got the t-shirt, and are jacks of all trades and masters of none.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

The best architects are those that have been there, done that and got the t-shirt, and are jacks of all trades and masters of none.

Oh yes, I've got a Service Orientated Architect (his description) pumping me for info on ITIL "V3" as we speak....

Still deciding how to play him...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              pumping me for info
              Still deciding how to play him...
              Sounds like he is doing all the playing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jwillans View Post
                I'm not sure if this is out of line, but I would like the opportunity to discuss off-line some career advise with experienced solution/enterprise architects. If anyone is willing to do this, I would appreciate it if you could PM me.

Many thanks,

James
                No such thing. It's something invented by people who don't know that in English law, Architect is a protected term, and also want a job description that means very little.

I've read your other post, and think you must be Denny.
                If you get past the abuse, and really want some info, then I have to ask you. How much are you willing to pay for the info?
                Last edited by NotAllThere; 25 February 2008, 06:55.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I appreciate the value in contributing to the forum, but in this instance I'm not willing to make public the personal information necessary. No matter, the replies so far have been useful - thanks - and I have gathered some further information over the weekend. I'm new to contracting and this forum has been a valuable resource, I hope that I can contribute to it in a more public way in future.

NotAllThere - I'm not Denny.

James

Comment

Working...
                  X