• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrrrrr - VAT Online down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrrrrr - VAT Online down

So I thought I'd do my VAT return this morning.

VAT Online
    View help for this page

Temporary problem

Sorry - we are currently experiencing problems with the service you have requested. We are dealing with the problem and hope to have this service available again shortly, so please try again soon.

Luckily they have got a week to fix it before the return is REALLY due!
    How come my bank's site always works? Maybe the Governmentals can start using the nice reliable Northern Rock IT system they have just purchased for 100 Billion Pounds

Dum.

I've no idea why anyone would put themselves through this.

I filled in the paper return at the beginning of the month and it was in the post 5 minutes later, job done.

Why should I help make HMRC life easier?

Dum.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Dum.

I've no idea why anyone would put themselves through this.

I filled in the paper return at the beginning of the month and it was in the post 5 minutes later, job done.

Why should I help make HMRC life easier?

Dum.
      Paper return - how very 1990's What happens if it gets lost in the post!
      And they couldn't read my writing anyway.
      And if Online is working it only takes 2 minutes - so yah boo sucks to you

Comment

2 minutes huh, is that all it's taken you to complete this month's return?! Bet you've already spent an hour this morning

Yeah the postal service so 1800's, time to upgrade.

The Engineer: If it works don't fix it.

The IT bod: If it works it needs upgrading.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Eek, thanks for the reminder, almost forgot to submit mine!!!

Comment

Surely not due until Friday? So will be posted Wednesday. Every day longer in my account is a little more interest earned. Longer delay than paying online too as the cheque takes a few more days to clear. Ferret in "look after the pennies..." mode
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Eh? If you submit it online, you just pay by DD and it comes out your bank account on 12 March.

Site's fine now, by the way, just done mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Eh? If you submit it online, you just pay by DD and it comes out your bank account on 12 March.

So long as you are happy for HMRC to have your co's bank details that is and not lose them

It is the way I do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  So long as you are happy for HMRC to have your co's bank details that is and not lose them
                  If you are VAT registered, they insist on having them anyway.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Did not know the online one was potentially slower to process. Just assumed it would come out of the account as a usual bank transfer and be done in two or three days.
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X