• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Zealand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand

Going there over Easter, what are the must do's not involving throwing myself off a bridge or plane?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    what are the must do's not involving throwing myself off a bridge or plane?
    Wear a French Rugby top
    HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

genius
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Going there over Easter, what are the must do's not involving throwing myself off a bridge or plane?
        That's about it, really.

Which city are you flying in to? How long are you staying for?

Comment

Jet boating in Queesntown - oh, and a trip on the lake on the TSS Earnslaw
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSS_Earnslaw

Or if up north - the Bay of Islands

Comment

Heli-hike one of the glaciers.

Abel-tasman kayaking

Milford sound
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Heli-hike one of the glaciers.
              A hike up the glaciers is really wonderful - but the noise of the bloody helicopters distracts somewhat

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                That's about it, really.

Which city are you flying in to? How long are you staying for?
                Flying into Auckland out of Christchurch, for 3 weeks.

PS: still in contract so cannot lengthen...

Comment

North Island - Rotorua. mud pools (Whakarewarewa), luge, zorb, thermal baths, replica Maori village with hangi. Tauranga/Mt Maunganui only 40 mins away with beach, surfing.

South Island - Picton to Queenstown via West Coast. wine trails, Abel Tasman park (short hikes), pancake rocks, glaciers, Monteiths beer, Wanaka.

With a couple of side trips - Coromandel in the North for swimming with dolphins and hot water beach, and Kaikoura in the South for whale watching.

Sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    North Island - Rotorua. mud pools (Whakarewarewa), luge, zorb, thermal baths, replica Maori village with hangi. Tauranga/Mt Maunganui only 40 mins away with beach, surfing.

South Island - Picton to Queenstown via West Coast. wine trails, Abel Tasman park (short hikes), pancake rocks, glaciers, Monteiths beer, Wanaka.

With a couple of side trips - Coromandel in the North for swimming with dolphins and hot water beach, and Kaikoura in the South for whale watching.

Sorted!
                    Totally agree - all of the above. The Shotover jetboats are insane and absolutely not to be missed - although why you have to wear a lifejacket when the water's about three inches deep escaped me totally).

On South Island be prepared for meeting stunning scenery around every corner (literally) and being amazed how big it all is (those pine trees on the hills go 100 feet high...).

We also did a 40 minute scenic fllight over Mount Cook which is a photo opportunity on a par with the Masai Mara at dawn.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X