• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peugeot 407 SW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peugeot 407 SW

Hi All

Anyone own a Peugeot ?? what they like. Looking at getting a 407 for my motorway slog each day. Had a look on a couple of reviews and it doesn't have a good repitation ?
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    Hi All

Anyone own a Peugeot ?? what they like. Looking at getting a 407 for my motorway slog each day. Had a look on a couple of reviews and it doesn't have a good repitation ?
    I am getting a Focus for my motorway slog - last of the old, ghia, diesel, all the toys for less than £12K brand new on the road.

Other motorway machines I considered was the Octavia and the Vectra.

Personally I would not trust a Peugeot engine...

Engine in the Octavia is the same as the Passatt. Again, only £11K new on the discounted new car websites (Look under the new car section of Autotrader).

If after used, Vectras are a steal, all come with cruise control.

Comment

Don't expect it to hold it's value for starters.

However, Peugeot diesel engines are well regarded.

Apart from that, you pays your moneys.

If it's a large economical diesel cruiser your after and being in the family way, I'd think a Mondeo would suit you better.

Ah, welcome to middle age Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

If it's a large economical diesel cruiser your after and being in the family way, I'd think a Mondeo would suit you better.

How come Milan could get your account?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I am getting a Focus for my motorway slog - last of the old, ghia, diesel, all the toys for less than £12K brand new on the road.

Personally I would not trust a Peugeot engine...

That's a shame because Ford have used Peugeot Citroen diesel engines for years

Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroën have today announced the fourth phase of their groundbreaking diesel engine co-operation, with the launch of two new families of light, clean, efficient engines for their commercial vehicle and executive car lines.

This announcement is the latest in a series of successful steps within the co-operation, which has seen the two companies jointly design and develop a series of state-of-the-art diesel engines for use across their car and commercial vehicle brands. These engines are being successfully deployed across a wide range of products, from small superminis to the largest executive cars and now with commercial vehicles as well.

Ford Motor Company now uses engines produced through the collaboration in its Ford, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover brands, while PSA Peugeot Citroën uses them in its Peugeot and Citroën products.
          The programme was launched initially in 1998. Since then, more than four million diesel engines have been produced, making Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroën jointly the world's leading diesel engine makers.
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner View Post
            That's a shame because Ford have used Peugeot Citroen diesel engines for years

Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroën have today announced the fourth phase of their groundbreaking diesel engine co-operation, with the launch of two new families of light, clean, efficient engines for their commercial vehicle and executive car lines.

This announcement is the latest in a series of successful steps within the co-operation, which has seen the two companies jointly design and develop a series of state-of-the-art diesel engines for use across their car and commercial vehicle brands. These engines are being successfully deployed across a wide range of products, from small superminis to the largest executive cars and now with commercial vehicles as well.

Ford Motor Company now uses engines produced through the collaboration in its Ford, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover brands, while PSA Peugeot Citroën uses them in its Peugeot and Citroën products.
            The programme was launched initially in 1998. Since then, more than four million diesel engines have been produced, making Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroën jointly the world's leading diesel engine makers.
            Wilmsloooooooooowww.

<canned laughter>

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

I did used to own a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec S....very nice but sadly write it off last tuesday when i smashed it into the back of someone....DOH.

Saw a nice Peugeot but i have always had a vision that they had a bad repitation. Checked it out on What Car i was write. Test Drove the 1.9CDti SRI vextra (new one) and that was nice as well.

Yeah must admit when i'm looking round the car now i'm checking things like seats aren't going to get filthy easy and that i will be able to fit the pram / pushchair in the boot. (6 weeks left)
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
                I did used to own a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec S....very nice but sadly write it off last tuesday when i smashed it into the back of someone....DOH.

Saw a nice Peugeot but i have always had a vision that they had a bad repitation. Checked it out on What Car i was write. Test Drove the 1.9CDti SRI vextra (new one) and that was nice as well.

Yeah must admit when i'm looking round the car now i'm checking things like seats aren't going to get filthy easy and that i will be able to fit the pram / pushchair in the boot. (6 weeks left)
                wrote

Couldn't be bothered with the rest.

Comment

The problem with peugeot/citroen is build quality, the diesel engines are bullet proof. The Citroen equivalent will be cheaper but will be basically the same car.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    The problem with peugeot/citroen is build quality, the diesel engines are bullet proof. The Citroen equivalent will be cheaper but will be basically the same car.
                    V. true.

Drove a 406 from London to York for a gig several years back.

Lovely looking car but on the journey noticed it had bits of trim missing/falling off.

OK, they are small things but don't think it is too much to ask for a car to have all its bits and pieces in the right place and not stashed in the glove box.

If you are after a cheap diesel then an Octavia may suit - meant to be pretty good since VW took over Skoda.

Comment

Working...
                    X