• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jack Straw evicts 600 prison officers from their homes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Straw evicts 600 prison officers from their homes .. and moves convicts in to ease jails crisis

<littlejohn>

You couldn't make it up

</littlejohn>
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Nothing this government does surprises me. They need a proper opposition party.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why don't they just build a big hole and throw all of the prisoners in there?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Why don't they just build a big hole and throw all of New Labour in there?
        Couldn't agree more...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

What about those tens of thousands of squaddies' families who are in married quarters? How about evicting them too?

It's a dead easy solution. I'm sure all those forces wives in Borden and Aldershot won't mind one little bit - helping do their bit for the good of the country.

Please, please, please someone tell me this is a spoof.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

How many of these thugs in UK prisons do not hold a UK passport?

Simply stick these people on planes and send them back to their country of origin. Send them 1st class it will still work out cheaper than keeping them here.

Thus creating more room in prison for the poor people who can't pay for their TV license.
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
              How many of these thugs in UK prisons do not hold a UK passport?

Simply stick these people on planes and send them back to their country of origin. Send them 1st class it will still work out cheaper than keeping them here.
              You're not allowed to do that - it may infringe the criminals Human Rights, and if they happened to have children with a British Citizen then it will infringe the children's Human Rights.

Least Cherie Blair will get more taxpayers money fighting the case.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
                Thus creating more room in prison for the poor people who can't pay for their TV license.

Or their council taxes
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  What about those tens of thousands of squaddies' families who are in married quarters? How about evicting them too?

It's a dead easy solution. I'm sure all those forces wives in Borden and Aldershot won't mind one little bit - helping do their bit for the good of the country.

Please, please, please someone tell me this is a spoof.
                  Aldershot and Bordon arguably have been scaled down so much you could say they ready for closure and ideal to use all those empty barracks for prison service but now reserved for Team GB Olympic training camp.

Having experienced Married Quarters as a child can say they are perfect for criminals - made me a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    About time too. Why are these overpaid layabout government workers living in subsidised homes while poor contractors can't even afford a place in central London with a decent-sized indoor pool?

Comment

Working...
                    X