• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercise question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise question.

Hi all,

Is there such a thing as an exercise high?

I was on the treadmill, about 17 minutes into a very sweat prudcing sprint/stop routine, when my whole body went kind of numb and I felt amazing...like floaty, and a litte bit acid trippy!
    It was amazing!!! I honestly felt more pleasant than I ever have before.

Is this normal? Or was I pushing it too much and have just had a very pleasant stroke of some kind?

Sal
    xxx
    The pope is a tard.

Yes, it's normal. It's called the runner's high...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Hi all,

I was on the treadmill, about 17 minutes into a very sweat prudcing sprint/stop routine, when my whole body went kind of numb and I felt amazing...like floaty, and a litte bit acid trippy!

Is this normal? Or was I pushing it too much and have just had a very pleasant stroke of some kind?

Sal
      xxx
      There endorphines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin, lots of doctors now prescribe exercise now for depression. I run about 40k a week and defo feel down when I havent run.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Hi all,

Sal
        xxx
        I wouldn't know. Only a drug user would be able to tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
          Yes, it's normal. It's called the runner's high...
          Wow - cheers Bored (and everyone else) - I've just looked it up. That's exactly what just happened!!!!

Get in

Can't wait for tomorrow now
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

careful, it can get addictive...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Yes, it might only be 17 minutes now and you think that you can handle it, but before long, that won't be enough and you will steadily start doing more and more to the point where you start to let your day to day life slide because the exercise will be more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                Yes, it might only be 17 minutes now and you think that you can handle it, but before long, that won't be enough and you will steadily start doing more and more to the point where you start to let your day to day life slide because the exercise will be more important.

I'll try to be careful
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  All true... By the time I'm finished on the bike, then the crossover, then 13 minutes on the threadmill I'm feeling like a tightness in the legs and I can just keep on going... it's twisted. By that time I'm working on the upper body after which it's upstairs to the spa to relax in the hydropool for a while then perhaps the steam room..

24 hours later I'm wanting to go because of how I feel when I leave, it's sick.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    All true... By the time I'm finished on the bike, then the crossover, then 13 minutes on the threadmill I'm feeling like a tightness in the legs and I can just keep on going... it's twisted. By that time I'm working on the upper body after which it's upstairs to the spa to relax in the hydropool for a while then perhaps the steam room..

24 hours later I'm wanting to go because of how I feel when I leave, it's sick.
                    It sounds like it's really got a hold of you scooter?

You've been really brave sharing this with us - the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Good luck with it all
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X