• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got dosh hidden in Liechtenstein? Wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got dosh hidden in Liechtenstein? Wrong!

UK in Liechtenstein tax data deal

The UK's tax authority has confirmed that it has paid an informant for data regarding British citizens who have accounts in tax haven Liechtenstein.

HMRC said it was seeking "to protect the UK exchequer from those who seek to hide behind secrecy laws".

HMRC said it had made the move in a bid to protect the UK against those trying to "deprive the UK of tax revenues to which it is entitled".
    How dodgy is that?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

the krauts already did the same to them, and to Swizterland.

Most of the secret jurisdictions have agreed to hand over info to the authorities in various countries, and the few that refuse will find themselves a much easier target.

Comment

Heresay?

Shirley, if the Inland Revenue comes knocking all you have to do is either ignore them, or if pressed says "it's not me guv". On it's own, such evidence is inadmissable? They could only use it as a list of targets to investigate, much like those who fill in the tax form ticking the IR35 box.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Although the depths to which the government will stopp are quite amazing, what is far more incredible is that the average citizen will tolerate it. As long as they can still buy the sun, watch big brother, eat mcdonalds, get drunk and drive their 4WD they are happy.

The sooner such people lose the vote the better.

Comment

Sounds like a nice little plan B for those of us working in IB.

Still - I much prefer the amount the germans paid than the UK...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Although the depths to which the government will stopp are quite amazing, what is far more incredible is that the average citizen will tolerate it. As long as they can still buy the sun, watch big brother, eat mcdonalds, get drunk and drive their 4WD they are happy.

The sooner such people lose the vote the better.
            Why should the little people see a problem with their government cracking down on high earning Tax cheats?

And whichever way you cut it, these people certainly look like tax cheats.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              And whichever way you cut it, these people certainly look like tax cheats.tim
              Sorry, I thought you were talking about politicians then...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Why should the little people see a problem with their government cracking down on high earning Tax cheats?

tim
                Agreed.

Why should I pay my share of tax (Allbeit as little as legally possibly) while some other dodgy mofo gets away with dodging it.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

tim
                  look like is not proof.

I think they should cut down on tax cheats. But these people think none of us are avoiders - we are evaders. Unless we donate to the Liebour part that is.

And bribery is not the way forward - thin end of wedge.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Agreed.

Why should I pay my share of tax (Allbeit as little as legally possibly) while some other dodgy mofo gets away with dodging it.
                    Because the dodgy mofos are more willing to take risks than you are in the name of monetary gain.

Comment

Working...
                    X