• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monthly bills - it costs a lot to live in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monthly bills - it costs a lot to live in the UK

Let see, I'm paying about £150 a month on council tax, £150 a month for gas and electric, £150 a month for telephone (fixed line) & t'internet. Then there's water rates, house insurance, etc.

How do poor people afford to eat?

Agreed,
    also sky £50, nursery £700, £850 mortgage.......
    Well into £2k before i've started
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Let see, I'm paying about £150 a month on council tax, £150 a month for gas and electric, £150 a month for telephone (fixed line) & t'internet. Then there's water rates, house insurance, etc.

You're being ripped off there, mate!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        Yep. Virgin Media. I'll have to stop calling those (cough) premium rate service lines.

Comment

Yeah, ripped off..I pay £30 per month
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Yep. Virgin Media. I'll have to stop calling those (cough) premium rate service lines.
            Ahhh... that'll do it I thought maybe you had 4 teenage daughters or something...
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Too much

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                agreed. Use skype when I can most after educating the family on how to use, fun too.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

poor people(talking benefits here) dont have Council tax or mortgage. They usually manage to fiddle the gas and electric (a lot of them do), they generally look a lot harder for good deals than we do. They can usually get good deals from 'knock off' merchants, who they meet in t'pub, or who live in the same street.
                  Many are border-line illegal, or dodgy in some way, but dont knock it till you've had to live on the dole - it aint much fun.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    poor people(talking benefits here) dont have Council tax or mortgage.
                    They also don't have house insurance which is why when events like flooding happen they are screwed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X