• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So whats happening in Blighty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats happening in Blighty

Been in Asia for 18 months lapping up the heat and cheap booze , just arrived back in UK yesterday and wondered what is the state of the contract market?

First agent I spoke to is giving it doom and gloom spin but they always do when they want you to work for 300 quid a day.

Did hear some bad news about finance companies spending your pension money on derelect housing in the US , but I guess the soup kitchens are still operating at full pelt so there is a fallback plan somewhere , but is this causing the contract market to shrink ?
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

No everythings fine. Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      Been in Asia for 18 months lapping up the heat and cheap booze , just arrived back in UK yesterday and wondered what is the state of the contract market?

First agent I spoke to is giving it doom and gloom spin but they always do when they want you to work for 300 quid a day.

Did hear some bad news about finance companies spending your pension money on derelect housing in the US , but I guess the soup kitchens are still operating at full pelt so there is a fallback plan somewhere , but is this causing the contract market to shrink ?
      You picked the wrong time for the holiday. Should have left now and come back in 18 months.

Comment

Dave Contractor Jnr ?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hmm 2nd and 3rd Agent are giving me same spin and as these lemmings normally dont have the savvy to form co-operative price fixing groups then I would say something is definitely up.

Feck! was a bit low on finances too , down to me last 10K was hoping for a quick win and back off into the jungle again.
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

There still seems to be plenty of work about. I spent two weeks on the bench in January, but I'm not sure what things are like now.

It all depends on what you do really.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              There still seems to be plenty of work about. I spent two weeks on the bench in January, but I'm not sure what things are like now.

It all depends on what you do really.
              Indeed - I wish I could get rid of the pimps ringing me to see when I'm available.

No doubt, when I'm finishing here, there'll be nothing much on offer...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Indeed - I wish I could get rid of the pimps ringing me to see when I'm available.

No doubt, when I'm finishing here, there'll be nothing much on offer...
                Am also getting loads of calls but am scheduled to be in this mind numbingly boring place til July.

Comment

Working...
                X