• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Put my villa up for sale, and first buyer agrees asking price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put my villa up for sale, and first buyer agrees asking price

I suppose a quick sale is better than a bigger profit.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    He's obviously desperate. Tell him you've changed your mind and want more.

Comment

It's the next door neighbour that's wants to buy it.

Comment

villa=mobile home
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

It's the next door neighbour that's wants to buy it.
          Well he's obviously very desperate then as the supply of houses next door to his is quite limited. Jack the price brutally.

Comment

I suppose a "villa" in Swindon is about the same price as a studio in Hackney. So what are you going to do with your £350K pittance?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Villa is in Cyprus. I bought it before Cyprus joined the EU and the Euro, when beach front villas were cheap. Now they are pretty pricey.

I suppose I'll bung me £500K profit in with the other £500K I have hanging around and then buy that bedsit above the kebab shop in your neck of the woods.

Comment

Villa is in Cyprus. I bought it before Cyprus joined the EU and the Euro, when beach front villas were cheap. Now they are pretty pricey.

I suppose I'll bung me £500K profit in with the other £500K I have hanging around and then buy that bedsit above the kebab shop in your neck of the woods.
                I can't help thinking that northern cyprus could be a money spinner if they ever sort the situation out....there is an element of risk though

Comment

And you still won't be able to afford a personality.

On a more serious note, didn't you once post some piccies of your place on Cyprus?

Comment

Well done DP

Perfect timing - as the Cyprus property market has began to slow down - for 3 reasons:
                    1. More supply/less demand
                    2. UK property prices stable/falling
                    3. Cyprus entry into Euro
                    The last one is the most significant as Sterling has gone down against the Euro by at least 20% over the last 3 months, so making buying there less affordable.
                    I did eventually manage to buy a nice 2-bed S/V appartment on the west side of the island - 1 hour from Paphos a/p and with Easyjet flying there from 1 April, I can see a lot of potential demand for 2nd homes - as in France/Italy/Spain.
                    Spain of course has shot itself in the foot with the stupid property laws (smash-and-grab) and excessive building.
                    Another reason for prices going up in Cyprus is that there will be renewed talks about unification, so land/property in the North will also be available to buy (from the legal Gov't and owners), as opposed to taking a huge risk now and buying from the temporary authorities and without deeds!

Comment

Working...
                    X