• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7264519.stm

It must be true. It's in the FT too.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f4e013ea-e...0779fd2ac.html

Comment

I told you guys.

If only we could get more 3rd world immigrants here on benefits.

Comment

Its all the shoe shine boys getting in the on act.

Doomed I say. Doomed.

Went to a house auction last week. The house I was looking at didn't sell. No offers. None.

Most houses went 25% below the guide price which were fair valuations (well fiar ish).. The only things that went for over the guide price was land.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Its all the shoe shine boys getting in the on act.

Doomed I say. Doomed.

Went to a house auction last week. The house I was looking at didn't sell. No offers. None.

Most houses went 25% below the guide price which were fair valuations (well fiar ish).. The only things that went for over the guide price was land.
          Is an auction a fair reflection though? Never been to a house auction but aren't those mostly reposessions and hence they always go for much less than the asking price?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            I would say its suggests the valuations were 25% over a fair market price, rather than the other way round.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Is an auction a fair reflection though? Never been to a house auction but aren't those mostly reposessions and hence they always go for much less than the asking price?
              There has been that much BTL/investor money out there that the prices at auctions have been similar to negotiated sale stuff. Infact on some of the lower end terrace property you might even of paid more !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                There has been that much BTL/investor money out there that the prices at auctions have been similar to negotiated sale stuff. Infact on some of the lower end terrace property you might even of paid more !
                Says who?

Comment

UK property cannot go down. It's different this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    UK property cannot go down. It's different this time.
                    Too true. Now if I had a villa in somewhere like Cyprus I'd be worried.

Comment

Working...
                    X