• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaarrrgggghhhh

Had an informal interview at a hotel last night. Told I would hear quickly but no call today so far, it's driving me bleeding mad !! Contract is direct with a consultancy, pays well, is local and I bloody want it but now I just want to find out either way damnit !
    8 weeks on the bench, approx 100 CV's sent, 30 calls with agents, 2 interviews and the other one was permie !!!
    Enjoyed the break at first but novelty has long since worn off, I need to get back in the game ASAP, ring me ya b@stards !
    Hate to say it but Milan was right, I sacked a live-away contract that was getting a bit annoying but I defo should have stayed and started looking, I am already 20k down from the time off.

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    I am already 20k down from the time off.
    Well, why won't you work on some Plan B of yours or even help open source project?

Comment

Had an informal interview at a hotel last night. Told I would hear quickly but no call today so far, it's driving me bleeding mad !! Contract is direct with a consultancy, pays well, is local and I bloody want it but now I just want to find out either way damnit !
      8 weeks on the bench, approx 100 CV's sent, 30 calls with agents, 2 interviews and the other one was permie !!!
      Enjoyed the break at first but novelty has long since worn off, I need to get back in the game ASAP, ring me ya b@stards !
      Hate to say it but Milan was right, I sacked a live-away contract that was getting a bit annoying but I defo should have stayed and started looking, I am already 20k down from the time off.
      Try to resist the urge to call - dont appear desperate.

Easier said than done I know.

Comment

Gosh! I'm kinda in the opposite boat. I've got some clients who want me to work onsite, I've told them no (politely of course). They're still putting the pressure on, asking what my rate for onsite is...I've refused to tell. Now I'm thinking of just walking away from it.

I've been on the bench for 10 weeks...but I've kept myself busy by helping out in my wife's office. Today I'm all alone here answering the phone and taking enquiries. This is somehow so much more fun than commuting for 80minutes each way, putting on a shirt and tie and putting up with annoying collegues.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Well, why won't you work on some Plan B of yours or even help open source project?
          or better still post on tpd...

Comment

Milan was right.

Comment

Milan was right
              Where? link!!!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I will give them till 5 then call the director I spoke to, when interviewing I always know by half way through the interview so I am expecting bad news or else why bother to delay ?
                My plan B is a carefully low-maintenance series of longterm investments that don't require my involvement on a day-to-day basis - really useful when I am working...
                Looks like I will have to do the training course I was putting off to try to open up some more options + I plan to sell tons of spare stuff on ebay.
                Money isn't a problem currently, I have a years worth stashed but I need to get back to work for my sanity !

Comment

and, how many times have we heard this...

'Hate to say it but Milan was right',

nice one Luke.

Plan B's are all the rage, get them while you can

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    and, how many times have we heard this...

'Hate to say it but Milan was right',
                    Once?

Comment

Working...
                    X