• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things that annoy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that annoy

So far today...

1) People who don't wait for others to exit the lift or train carriage before trying to pile in.
    2) People who have personal discussions via email with their mates in work but 'reply to all'
    3) People who walk into your office and just start talking to you whilst you're on the phone.

It's only 9:30 FFS. It's gonna be one of those days I can tell and I was actually feeling quite good when I woke up.

Anyone else thinking that today could go a bit pear shaped? (Do people still say that?)
    Last edited by Pondlife; 27 February 2008, 08:41. Reason: added the email bit

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So far today...

1) People who don't wait for others to exit the lift or train carriage before trying to pile in.
    2) People who have personal discussions with their mates in work but 'reply to all'
    3) People who walk into your office and just start talking to you whilst you're on the phone.

It's only 9:30 FFS. It's gonna be one of those days I can tell and I was actually feeling quite good when I woke up.

Anyone else thinking that today could go a bit pear shaped? (Do people still say that?)
    I have felt like that since I got divorced.

Comment

Ignorants barstewards who don't give my heavily pregnant (6+ months) wife a seat on the tube.

Happens on a daily basis.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Ignorants barstewards who don't give my heavily pregnant (6+ months) wife a seat on the tube.

There is a story(urban myth?) about a chap who offered an overwight lady a seat on a tube - she said "do I look pregnant to you?".

Comment

Flour on top of baps. Why ? Flour isn't nice!

Rhubarb.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
            Flour on top of baps. Why ? Flour isn't nice!
            Seconded!

Comment

So far today...

2) People who have personal discussions via email with their mates in work but 'reply to all'

It must be one of those days - you posted at 8:38!!!!

Comment

Yes, that is just wrong.
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I have a very pointy elbow and solid shoulder with considerable backing for such types.

Comment

Thats equality for you,
                    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Working...
                    X