• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Devil Vomits on your Eiderdown!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Devil Vomits on your Eiderdown!!!

OK, last week I finally patched up a family rift with my brother.

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera". He's never been ill in his life and this happens!

He's only 39 FFS!

Anyway, he got his results today and starts chemotherapy tomorrow! So I'm taking Friday off to get right royally pissed with him in Manchester!

Might see some of you there!

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

After things were sorted he told me he'd been diagnosed with "Polycythaemia vera". He's never been ill in his life and this happens!

He's only 39 FFS!

Anyway, he got his results today and starts chemotherapy tomorrow! So I'm taking Friday off to get right royally pissed with him in Manchester!

I didn't know Polycythaemia vera necessitated the need for Chemo Treatment. Irrespective, good to hear things patched up.

Comment

Any kind of chemo is gonna be traumatic so I hope it all goes well.
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

He's only 39 FFS!

I am pleased the rift is lifted - and best of luck to your brother for the treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I am pleased the rift is lifted - and best of luck to your brother for the treatment.
          What he said - hope all goes well Churchy old boy.

Comment

39, fkin hell.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycythemia

Comment

poor sod. hope he gets well soon.

Comment

Hope it goes well Churchill...

Comment

My cousin is mid 20's and just started chemo.

A tough journey - all the very best to your brother.

Comment

Working...
                    X