• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Has anyone else been watching this?
    Thankfully it seems to completely ignore everything that happened in Terminator 3 and follows on from T2: Judgement Day instead.
    Been a really strong show so far (6 episodes in)
    Coffee's for closers

It better be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Has anyone else been watching this?
      Thankfully it seems to completely ignore everything that happened in Terminator 3 and follows on from T2: Judgement Day instead.
      Been a really strong show so far (6 episodes in)
      Are you watching it online as it only started last week on Virgin1?

Agree, glad they ignored the tripe that was T3.

Overall is OK, but too early to say after the first episode as it looks a little ropey.

Lena Headey looked really hot in 300 but in this, she looks weatherbeaten.

Comment

In other news they are about to make T4

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Are you watching it online as it only started last week on Virgin1?
          Online since it started in the USA

Overall is OK, but too early too say after the first episode as it looks a little ropey.
          It picks up, i was a bit concerned in the first episode that Sarah had got herself romantically involved but it plays out well

Lena Headey looked really hot in 300 but in this, she looks weatherbeaten.
          Thats a good thing really, gives it a bit more realism
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sarah had got herself romantically involved

Comment

saw the 1st episode. s'alright i suppose. the "friendly terminator" has obviously been instructed to adopt a bunny boiler stare, so common amongst lady robots.

Comment

It picks up, i was a bit concerned in the first episode that Sarah had got herself romantically involved but it plays out well
                Well that's good to hear - was going to give it a couple of episodes before deciding whether to stick with it.

Wrt, T3, interesting story about the rights etc:

"T3" was owned by Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna, who years ago bought the rights at a Carolco bankruptcy auction out from under Cameron, prompting the director to remove himself from involvement. And the "T3" rights package included a multimillion-dollar rights buyout and exec producer credit for Gale Anne Hurd, Cameron's former partner and ex-wife. He famously signed over his "Terminator" rights for $1 to her before they made the first film, in exchange for a guarantee he wouldn't be replaced as director. It was a deal that left him on the outside looking in as everyone else cashed in on "T3".

The slate is clean after Halcyon Co. bought out all franchise rights from Kassar and Vajna and set the new film for domestic distribution at Warner Bros. for summer 2009.

Source

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                  saw the 1st episode. s'alright i suppose. the "friendly terminator" has obviously been instructed to adopt a bunny boiler stare, so common amongst lady robots.
                  She's an actress much like Hugh Grant is an actor. i.e. they're good at acting as themselves.

Saw her (Summer Glau) in the series FireFly and the associated film Serenity. She's good at kicking her hat off!
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It was a bit worrying when John Connor got offed in the first minute though.
                    I'm waiting for them to send a friendly terminator back in the guise of John Connor, so the bad guys can chase him all they want. These yanks, no idea how to write a credible storyline.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X