• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC responds to rugby complaints

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC responds to rugby complaints

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7267444.stm

Dozens of viewers have complained that too much rugby was shown on BBC One throughout Saturday.
    The corporation received 124 complaints in total over the Six Nations games transmitted between 1400 and 2200 GMT.
    Well anyone who complained can just f*** off in my opinion. I have to endure hour after hour of the TV companies only showing soaps, stupid minor celebrities doing something uninteresting, dumb-f*** American 'comedies' and dramas and camp-idiot-dressing-up-insecure women rubbish so good on them for showing a whole days worth of stuff I'm interested in for once.

I think the BBC should have issued a statement saying that the 124 people who complained can, quite frankly, go f*** themselves.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Well anyone who complained can just f*** off in my opinion. I have to endure hour after hour of the TV companies only showing soaps, stupid minor celebrities doing something uninteresting, dumb-f*** American 'comedies' and dramas and camp-idiot-dressing-up-insecure women rubbish so good on them for showing a whole days worth of stuff I'm interested in for once.

I think the BBC should have issued a statement saying that the 124 people who complained can, quite frankly, go f*** themselves.
    And supposed next week they showed 6 hours of fishing? It is britain's most popular sport.

Comment

Nice rant. Agree whole-heartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        And supposed next week they showed 6 hours of fishing? It is britain's most popular sport.
        I nver really understood that stat (I like fishing the few times I've done it). I live in London, no one I know goes fishing regularily. I come from the country and only a handful of people I know go fishing regularily. But football, rugby etc I know hundreds.

How do they calculate it?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

124 complaints - 15M total viewing

I concur, <snip> 'em...

Last edited by ferret; 27 February 2008, 22:03. Reason: Potty mouth
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

I concur, <snip> 'em...

Hey, like how you got through the sweary filter. Nice work.
            Last edited by ferret; 27 February 2008, 22:03. Reason: Don't quote t3h filth
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

I concur, <snip> 'em...

You might want to edit that unless you're ok with a couple days off from this site.
              Last edited by ferret; 27 February 2008, 22:04. Reason: Repeating it is as bad as saying it in the first place :D

Comment

I concur, !!!!'em...
                Daring language there.
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

I think that Mrs PL might have been one of the ones that complained after the state I got into.

3 internationals on one day is just irresponsible. How am I supposed to handle that much booze FFS.

I may even write a letter.

Comment

I'm not remotely interested in the Rugby, but I totally agree with this quality rant.

Comment

Working...
                    X