• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State Hacking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Hacking

Question for the board in order to generate some debate...

Certain Islamic websites are acting as propaganda sources for terrorism, inspiring Muslims to join their cause through the posting of videos (Iraqi insurgent action, beheadings, etc) and the supply of training material.

Should the US/Britain/Russia (etc.) attempt to knock such sites out of action through cyber warfare? Technically, it should be relatively easily.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Originally posted by WageSlave
    Should the US/Britain/Russia (etc.) attempt to knock such sites out of action through cyber warfare? Technically, it should be relatively easily.
    I'd guess they (US/Britain/Russia etc) would be better off monitoring these sites to try and identify people using them. Obviously if millions of Muslims and others access the sites then other information must be combined to narrow the focus, but the more "honey pots" left open, the easier it is to trace these nasty little wasps back to their nests!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      I'd guess they (US/Britain/Russia etc) would be better off monitoring these sites to try and identify people using them. Obviously if millions of Muslims and others access the sites then other information must be combined to narrow the focus, but the more "honey pots" left open, the easier it is to trace these nasty little wasps back to their nests!
      Wouldnt it be better spoofing the web sites and phishing for info.

Sort of "Leave your name and number if want to be part of our Jihad"
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

http://www.talibanreunited.com/ definitely needs watching.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

NFP for Talebans!

http://www.talibanreunited.com/ definitely needs watching.

Looks kinda like a NFP site, for them Talebans......wonder if Gerry's somehow involved......!

Comment

Originally posted by Crown Royal
            Looks kinda like a NFP site, for them Talebans......wonder if Gerry's somehow involved......!
            No way, the colour scheme is far too subtle and co-ordinated.

Comment

Working...
            X