• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragons out of their Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons out of their Den

I Sky + the new series of American Inventor (american version of Dragons Den). WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THAT ABOUT

I was expecting the same trusted and loved approach that Dragons Den takes but noooooooo they have turned it into an X Faxtor style competition where the invenstions go through to a final where the public will vote.

WHy has Peter Jones got his name against this program.

Anyone watch it and share my disappointment
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    I Sky + the new series of American Inventor (american version of Dragons Den). WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THAT ABOUT

I was expecting the same trusted and loved approach that Dragons Den takes but noooooooo they have turned it into an X Faxtor style competition where the invenstions go through to a final where the public will vote.

Anyone watch it and share my disappointment
    Is that on sky1? I am a virgin "customer" so I cant get it. Is sky1 on freeview?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Is that on sky1? I am a virgin "customer" so I cant get it. Is sky1 on freeview?
      No it's on Virgin1 Tuesday nights so you may stand a chance to watch the next one
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post

Because he is like every other wannabe that spends more than 15 minutes in front of a camera, they suddenly get some moron wanting their autograph and they think they are a celeb. A good businessman, quite possibly a "face" the general populas want to see on every and any TV channel, no thank you!!!

Comment

It's by Peter Jones and Simon Cowell.

Painful - George Foreman just says yes to everything. None of the people have really invented anything, and it's full of Americans.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            It's by Peter Jones and Simon Cowell.

Painful - George Foreman just says yes to everything. None of the people have really invented anything, and it's full of Americans.
            Agreed, it's absolute tosh of the very worst kind. Avoid.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Those "Dragons" on BBC are below contempt in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Those "Dragons" on BBC are below contempt in my view.
                But they are very loaded, and you're not ...

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  But they are very loaded, and you're not ...
                  So what? They act like complete nobs and it is not amusing to me to see they crash peoples dreams just for show - frankly, I don't buy that these Dragons are loaded because they are offering ridiculously small amounts of money (what is £50-100k?) for very sizeable percentage of the company - like 30%+, that's intentional obviously and designed to minimise chance they would have to invest money.

Can you imagine how these tw@ts would act if they are a legal shareholder who has got lots of money to sue you? If they act like that on the show when they can't sue you, then it is crazy to even consder them being a shareholder who actually has got a fair few rights. Loan sharks care more about their customers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    they are offering ridiculously small amounts of money (what is £50-100k?) for very sizeable percentage of the company
                    This is why they're loaded - because they're good at ripping off desparate entrepreneurs.

Comment

Working...
                    X