• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four councils have steepest council tax increases above 5%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four councils have steepest council tax increases above 5%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7268231.stm

Wakefield, Derby, Leicester and Slough face the steepest increase at 5%.

Anyone here guess what these councils all have in common?

Troll? Anyone?

Are they all types of cheese? or hats?
    If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

They are all dumps.

Comment

Up here in Scotland, all council tax bills will be "frozen" so theoretically we wont pay any more than last year.
        Considering that many local councils continued to charge OAP's for "social care" after a directive from the previous government in Scotland I'm not holding out too much hope on this one, though several councils up here have already announced that they will be setting the council tax bills to the same as last year.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7268231.stm

Wakefield, Derby, Leicester and Slough face the steepest increase at 5%.

Anyone here guess what these councils all have in common?

Troll? Anyone?

They are all governed by the same political party?
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

All suffer high levels of visual pollution?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

They are all subsidising the Scottish government's decision to freeze council tax rises?
              If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Up here in Scotland, all council tax bills will be "frozen" so theoretically we wont pay any more than last year.
                Considering that many local councils continued to charge OAP's for "social care" after a directive from the previous government in Scotland I'm not holding out too much hope on this one, though several councils up here have already announced that they will be setting the council tax bills to the same as last year.
                I'm waiting for the downside to all the freebies being dished out in Scotland. Assuming us lot won't end up paying for it when Nuliebour try to win the next election it should be fun when it all needs paying for.

Comment

How about a council tax reduction?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...x-bands-change
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    They are all dumps.
                    Having grown up in Derby, and currently living near Leicester, I couldn't agree more about those too, although I feel Slough is worse, and I haven't been to Wakefield lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X