• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't despair there's hope, the gloom lifts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't despair there's hope, the gloom lifts

Gloom lifting
    I'm alright Jack

I don't buy into the "Japan is cheap, buy, buy, buy".

It's cheap cos it's a dead end economy, just like Britain.

Comment

Does anyone think the property market will crash badly like it did in the 80's/90's?

Comment

Not in the UK. It's different this time.

Infact, property right now is amazingly cheap, and in a couple of years you will look in awe at old estate agent ads for a bedsit in London at under £500K.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Not in the UK. It's different this time.

Infact, property right now is amazingly cheap, and in a couple of years you will look in awe at old estate agent ads for a bedsit in London at under £500K.
          so you don't think we're heading for a slump?

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            so you don't think we're heading for a slump?

Look at Manchester new build flats RRH, they have fallen 20-30% in the last year

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              For Pete's sake, not more good news. I'll despair if the gloom does lift (in the UK anyway) before the next election!

I wish these optimists would keep their opinions to themselves and stop trying to cheer everyone up and prevent a depression - It's just what we need to turf out Labour!

Comment

Originally posted by MOH View Post
                Look at Manchester new build flats RRH, they have fallen 20-30% in the last year
                Yes, but I think thats more due to over supply, if you look at the wealthier suburbs of manchester its still pretty boyant...

Comment

Originally posted by MOH View Post
                  As has been said, thats only city center flats and the same thing can be seen in some other cities.
                  The price of the flats was pushed way above what it should be by people buying offplan at stupid prices expecting to be able to sell for even more.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I don't buy into the "Japan is cheap, buy, buy, buy".

It's cheap cos it's a dead end economy, just like Britain.
                    Japan is sitting on a demographic timebomb. Full of oldies and low birth rate. I read somewhere that with the current birth rate there will be only one Jap left in the next 700 years

Comment

Working...
                    X