• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Music in the Workplace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music in the Workplace

What's it like in your workplace, Is music allowed?, as a developer I find it helps plugged into my MP3, but its frowned upon in my current contract.

Other places I have worked allowed it, or only allowed one earphone to be in due to H&S, Fire alarm etc.

Originally posted by Solent View Post
    What's it like in your workplace, Is music allowed?, as a developer I find it helps plugged into my MP3, but its frowned upon in my current contract.

Other places I have worked allowed it, or only allowed one earphone to be in due to H&S, Fire alarm etc.
    Those sound like permie rules to me.

Comment

Are you allowed to hum to yourself or is that frowned upon?
      Do you have to put your hand up if you want to be excused for the loo?

Fook me, some of you work in strange (permie) places.

Comment

Originally posted by Solent View Post

I use my hands free mobile phone headset to listen to the radio/music with one earpeice. If anyone questioned it I'd just tell them I wouldn't like to miss a call!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Those sound like permie rules to me.
          Well even if you're a contractor you have to abide by permie rules.
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Nothing more spooky than walking into an office full of devs, all with their headphones on, tapping away on their keyboards, or staring into space (conceptualising, clearly)...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              Well even if you're a contractor you have to abide by permie rules.
              Incorrect!

Comment

Incorrect!
                What is incorrect?

They can always say that you are behaving "unprofessionally"
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Incorrect!
                  Correct!

H&S rules yes. General little Hitler rules, no.

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    What is incorrect?

They can always say that you are behaving "unprofessionally"
                    Never happened to me before and I do not make an effort to abide by permie 'rules'

Comment

Working...
                    X