• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub Landlords Cotton On To Income Shifting Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub Landlords Cotton On To Income Shifting Legislation

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?storycode=58804

Do you think other businesses will start to realise the implications as well now? Hopefully labour will get another demonstration like the Iraq War one....

"More than 140 MPs have signed an Early Day Motion..."

I like a good Early Day Motion at the client offices every morning.

Comment

Don't worry, pub landlords and others, I've heard on the QT that by an amazing coincidence the only companies that will be selected for investigation (i.e. shafting) under the new legislation will be IT contractor companies.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
        Don't worry, pub landlords and others, I've heard on the QT that by an amazing coincidence the only companies that will be selected for investigation (i.e. shafting) under the new legislation will be IT contractor companies.

You heard it here first.
        Yep.

IR35 can be applied to loads of professions, from actors to lawyers and the like, but the IR has only targeted IT.

Still, some here can't see why voting Labour is a bad thing, so bring it on!

Comment

I have a feeling a pub landlords other half will have a bit more to do with the 'business' than mine. My wife wouldn't even know the company name but don't tell anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?storycode=58804
            Do you think other businesses will start to realise the implications as well now?
            It was only a matter of time...
            Other businesses will pick on the FBT in sooner or later, but I would tend to agree that the "investigations" will be slightly more focused.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I think the "consultation" period has ended today has it not ? Who's looking forward to the Budget then ?

Comment

Working...
              X