• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just noticed another crap thing about this board

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed another crap thing about this board

You can't see who's logged in
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

You can but only at the top level page.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And it's DOG slow. Crikey another example of a poor technology running on a poor platform. How slow can a small BB be with about 5 simultaneous users.....

Comment

Slow?

Hi DP,

Cannot understand why you are finding the forum slow. Forum is hosted on dedicated server of its own, no other sites or systems running on this box at all apart from the forum.

load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

Server is hardly struggling...

I am on a P4 2.8Ghz with 1Gb Ram and have tested this on other PC's, Windows & Linux and also tested on Mac laptop with 256 Mb Ram and the site is very responsive for me.

Maybe you should look at local network / pc performance if you are finding the site slow?

Could be that the site is a little graphic heavy so maybe a new, cleaner skin will solve load time problems.

Might be able to find a little plug in that will show page load times...

Kind Regards

CUK Admin

Comment

Crap Board

Crap board it may be, but it is keeping AtW off, so cant be that bad
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Hey i like vbulletin, its nice and fast for me and highly configurable. (I use it myself for my websites).

Talk about a load of old fuddy duddies who can deal with change..... :P

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              Crap board it may be, but it is keeping AtW off, so cant be that bad
              Too busy with new major update to SKA

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Too busy with new major update to SKA
                Major update? I thought you said you were canning the whole thing.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  Major update? I thought you said you were canning the whole thing.
                  That was false information by the impostor AtVV <-- double V, not W.

This is the project of my lifetime and I won't can it until it becomes successful even if it takes next 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    This is the project of my lifetime and I won't can it until it becomes successful even if it takes next 10 years.
                    At 29, you really ought to spend more time with girls. Although, perhaps it's best to avoid them altogether....
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X