• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relocation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocation

Anyone see this last night on C4 , couple of old fogies bought some land in Italy and did the whole place up for a supposed 25K.

Place looked great but would anyone else be interested in buying land abroad , putting in a few guest rooms and living in a remote part of the world for the last 20 - 30 years of their life.

Would scare me a bit as although I will probably not be too happy about living in the midst of mindless vandals when I am old and gray , I at least want to be surrounded by family and friends.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Sounds like a BTL dream.

Go for it!

PS. I want to spend my last few years in a state run folks home staffed with psychotic Eastern European "carers" on min wage.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      PS. I want to spend my last few years in a state run folks home staffed with psychotic Eastern European "carers" on min wage.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
        living in the midst of mindless vandals
        That sums up pretty much most parts of suburban London and urban towns in Midlands/North England.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          That sums up pretty much most parts of suburban London and urban towns in Midlands/North England.
          Yup.

I do worry about growing old and where I'll be safest as an old timer.

Clearly not this country. If I don't get murdered by yobs outside the co-op I'll end up homeless after my identity has been stolen by the romanian home help on a government exchange scheme.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I was watching - that was Grand Designs Revisited.

Building a house abroad appeals, but what I can't understand is why they all seem to be getting paying guests for these things. Running a B&B isn't what I imagine for old age.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Running a B&B isn't what I imagine for old age.
              Me either, although fortunately old age is a long way away.

Comment

Retirement

Think friends and family will have bled me dry long before the Romanians get to me.

In UK you can have nothing , in which case people wont want to steal from you , you can have too much in which case people dare not steal from you or you can be in between , in which case your fair game
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                X