• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aerospace contractor UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerospace contractor UK?

After 5 years as a support monkey I've been finding it harder and harder to secure contracts at a decent rate... support is dead!

So I've decided to go back to the aerospace industry as a quick search has turned up quite a few interesting opportunities, all I have to do is think of a plausible explanation of why I wasn't interested in engineering for the last 5 years!

Does anyone know of a forum for aerospace contractors?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Does anyone know of a forum for aerospace contractors?
    Try this one.

Comment

After 5 years as a support monkey I've been finding it harder and harder to secure contracts at a decent rate... support is dead!
      Well, it's not dead, it just speaks another more exotic language.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Well, it's not dead, it just speaks another more exotic language.
        ¿Qué?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

IT support to Avonics engineer? You taking the £$%3
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            IT support to Avonics engineer? You taking the £$%3
            I spent 12 years working for Westland Helicopters, I was made redundant and at the time IT seemed like an exciting new challenge, times have changed and I have lost my enthusiasm somewhat.

Comment

Well you've got experience on your side, but.... 5 years out of the game.

Perhaps you need to take whatever Engineer related job you can find to build that experience back up again regardless of rate. Don't think there's a quicker way than that.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Well you've got experience on your side, but.... 5 years out of the game.

Perhaps you need to take whatever Engineer related job you can find to build that experience back up again regardless of rate. Don't think there's a quicker way than that.
                Thats my plan!

Comment

Become a plumber. Say on a TV prog recently that an employee plumber in London pulls in a salary of £100K p.a. Pimlico Plumbers or something.

Not bad for swapping out a tap washer for the likes of sasguru.

Comment

Thats my plan!
                    Get into CVF that would set you up for a number of years...

Comment

Working...
                    X