• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anybody stop the pound sterling please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody stop the pound sterling please?

What's going on? How come the rest of the world does not believe that the UK economy is booming, house-prices sky-rocketing, blah blah

A new historical minimum day by day....
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

The pound was overvalued for too long. The problem is , the markets tend to over-react when a correction is due.

I suspect it's still far more expensive to buy a bottle of wine or a flat in London than in Berlin though.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      1.00 GBP = 1.99101 USD

Sorry you're wrong, it's been MUCH worse than that

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        1.00 GBP = 1.99101 USD

Sorry you're wrong, it's been MUCH worse than that
        Ok, there is always something worse, let's look at the bright side...
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ok, there is always something worse, let's look at the bright side...
          I've still got majority of my stash in offshore sterling. Its grim to watch that curve and I know I should have bailed out at 1.40 and nfi what to do now. It does seem that the euro is overvalued already, but if the ecb starts hinting at rises again and sterling rates drop then I scunnered

Comment

Unfortunately sometimes it's a bit of a roll of the dice. When it reached 1.40 that was the point I was waiting for to buy in...only by chance I didn't.

Comment

What's going on? How come the rest of the world does not believe that the UK economy is booming, house-prices sky-rocketing, blah blah

Don't look at the dollar, or the Euro, most paper currency will soon be worthless.
              ETFS Physical Silver, Gold, Platinum, oil and a grain index

Comment

I did convert all my Sterling to Euros last October - of course Sterling is destined to go the way of the Dollar being an anglo saxon fiat currency which has had an economy based on over extended cedit and hyper inflation in the housing market and massive spending on Middle East Wars.

Even worse than the US - a pseudo-workforce of Government funded employees causing more stress to the taxapyers.

Sterling to fall against the Euro by 12-15 per cent by end of year - who would bet against it ?

Shoulder to Shoulder - Dust to Dust - Ashes to Ashes - Fun to Funky.

Strung out on Heaven's High
                Hitting an all time Low
                George'n'Gordon - pray for us

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 5 March 2008, 08:57.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  I did convert all my Sterling to Euros last October - of course Sterling ids destined to go the way of the Dollar being an anlgo saxon fiat currency which has had an economy based on over extended cedit and hyper inflation int eh housing market.

Sterling to fall against the Euro by 12-15 per cent by end of year - who would bet against it ?
                  Pound to swiss franc getting close to 2 (currently 2.05) from 2.5 a few months ago. On the bright side it makes calculation easy.

Comment

Here is the solution to the UKs economic woes - how about a multi gizzilon Trident Weapon upgrade - natrually the contracts will be awarded to the US millitary industrial complex - its only fair after all.

Funding ?

Simple - tax the peasants till their pips squeak.

Comment

Working...
                    X