• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blades of Glory/Rushmore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blades of Glory/Rushmore

These are my two LovefIlm DVDs at the moment, but unexpectedly I'm going to be visiting the parents this week.

So tell me: are they the kind of harmless comedies you can watch with your parents

Or:

the kind of comedies that are harmless for 99% of the way, but have a really rude bit somewhere that renders the whole experience irreparably awkward?

Sort of like when I was 14 and lent my (female middle-aged) physics teacher a book of Martin Amis short stories on the theme of particle physics - and then remembered the next day that it had a full-on cunnilingus scene pretty early on.

Blades of glory is typical Will Ferrell. I'm pretty sure there's no real naughty bits - he does go off the rails a bit though, so if you're mother/father is a recovering alcoholic probably best not. Plus the kid from Napoleon Dynamite is in it - he's very funny.

Haven't seen Rushmore.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Rushmore is 100% tame. Nothing rude in there.

Comment

Rushmore is very family friendly, not everyone gets the humour though it is a tad oddball compared to most main stream comedies.

Blades of glory - very funny, but the humour is in the crudeness
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X