• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wine by the Case Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine by the Case Recommendations

Hi guys,

Has anybody bought wine by the case from the usual retailers (Tescos / Waitrose)?

Any recommendations?

Cheers in advance.

Costco usually have an interesting selection.

HTH

Comment

I bought 5 bottles of saint estephe (96) from odd bins, lovely stuff. Very very smooth. About £38 a bottle, that was from oddbins.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Its a very individual thing.

I tend to go for expensive (ish) wines that have a large reduction. I just did a 4 case order from Tesco using £35 of Clubcard vouchers converted into £70 of wine vouchers. Plus I got a tenner off coupon and a free delivery coupon so the actual outlay was about £25.

Originally posted by lambretta008 View Post
        Hi guys,

Has anybody bought wine by the case from the usual retailers (Tescos / Waitrose)?

Any recommendations?

Cheers in advance.

Comment

the californian cabernet sauvignon and chilean cabernet sauvignons from Lidl are quite good and come in around 3 euros a bottle

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
            Its a very individual thing.

I tend to go for expensive (ish) wines that have a large reduction. I just did a 4 case order from Tesco using £35 of Clubcard vouchers converted into £70 of wine vouchers. Plus I got a tenner off coupon and a free delivery coupon so the actual outlay was about £25.
            Quite a fan of Majestic. If you buy two of most bottles, they give you a quid (or two) off each one. Minimum purchase of 12 bottles, which can mixed anything.

I am a big fan of the Louis Latour they've had for ages.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Laithwaites.

There is no other place.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Laithwaites.

There is no other place.
                For disappointing wines.

A friend of mine used them once, about 60% of the case he rated ok. The rest as vinegar.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Got sent a case of Virgin wines by my pimp. All chilean and all excellent.

Comment

Berry Brothers & Rudd are very good. I use Lay and Wheeler who are slightly more expensive but I pay to use their cellarage rather than store my wine at home. I pay monthly and call down a case whenever one becomes ready for drinking.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X