• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown tackling some important issues for once

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown tackling some important issues for once

Like supermarket carrier bags
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7270358.stm

The faster we can get some new blood in power the better
    Coffee's for closers

I know but lets look at the other options, do you really think Killa Cam wouldn't be jumping on the 'save the planet' badwagon every bit as much if not more than Brown?!

Also is that guy in your avator the real guy who was crapping on trains in London? Do you have any google links about who he really is and why the hell he did it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

A new tax is coming
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

We've got no new blood in this whole parliament.
        I say call a general election and forbid ANYONE who has held political office (and their relatives) from ever standing for office again.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          We've got no new blood in this whole parliament.
          I say call a general election and forbid ANYONE who has held political office (and their relatives) from ever standing for office again.
          Forbid anyone who wants to hold office from holding office.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Forbid anyone who wants to hold office from holding office.
            of course
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Plastic bags

I am no green freak but I believe that plastic bags are really just for lazy people and a change in behavior is all that is required really. I also think as long as plastic bags are available people will use them.

I would advocate fining supermarket chains who use them and forcing everybody to bring their own bags to the supermarket purely by having none available. If the supermarkets dont supply them then the problem goes away.

However I foresee this milksop government implementing some middle of the road half baked compromise where all that is going to happen is that the supermarkets will start to charge for plastic bags. They will charge enough to generate a revenue stream but not enough to discourage use.

And madBrownmad will say he has actually done something.

Its all so very pathetically predictable

Sunny "Cynical and Hungover andf even more unpleasent than usual" San
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                Its all so very pathetically predictable
                Talking of predictable ...

No other so-called “disposable” item is re-used as much as the plastic carrier bag. DEFRA research shows that 80% of people reuse single trip plastic carrier bags in the household. Replacing these bags takes more resources and energy – a plastic bag tax introduced in Ireland resulted in a massive increase of 300-500% in the sale of plastic refuse bags and bin liners.
                More ill-thought-out pap from the Daily Mail and the Government.

Comment

Working...
                X