• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

investments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

investments

ISA deadline is up soon, where are you going to invest? Is there some value out there at the moment due to the current uncertainty?

At times of uncertainity one should care about preserving capital rather than trying to profit - the chances of you losing a big chunk of capital is much higher than making a profit. Keep it in liquid cash. Maybe buy some canned goods, matches and some easy to use fuel materials.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      At times of uncertainity one should care about preserving capital rather than trying to profit - the chances of you losing a big chunk of capital is much higher than making a profit. Keep it in liquid cash. Maybe buy some canned goods, matches and some easy to use fuel materials.
      I've invested all of mine in bandages and medical care

Welcome back by the way
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
        ISA deadline is up soon, where are you going to invest? Is there some value out there at the moment due to the current uncertainty?
        Gold or Gold Funds, thats what ususlly gets recomended when times are looking grim.
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Property funds qualify as ISA investments these days.

The only way is up!

Comment

Any spare penny goes striaght to the mortgage these days, (the cash can come back out as quick as it went in), before the fixed rate is up in 20 months or so...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Alexey,

'At times of uncertainity one should care about preserving capital rather than trying to profit - the chances of you losing a big chunk of capital is much higher than making a profit. ',

this lesson cost me a lot of money.

Milan.

Comment

I am divorced so have no money. But I will ask my ex what she plans to do with all my money.

Comment

thanks gordo

http://www.cnbc.com/id/22111908?photo=11

Comment

I've been slowly buying bank shares for my pension.

Other than that there isn't a lot of value around at the moment, although I'll start buying if the FTSE falls below 5300.

Comment

Working...
                    X