• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS database open to all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS database open to all

OK, which of you numptys was this? Not even being able to apply roles based security....and this is the "biggest IT project in the UK today".

Your government, your tax pounds, your government working for you ladies and gentlemen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7274773.stm
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

tulip, everyone will know I have genital warts and bow legs.

Bum, see. Told you.

Comment

Don't see what's new here... when I worked at a bank, I could see anyone's balance and spending habits I wanted. When I worked at an insurance co. I could see everyone's medical claims and health problem history.

Of course, in both those places I had agreed to the strictest confidentiality and wouldn't tell anyone DimPrawn had genital warts.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

You can opt-out from having your the details held by your GP uploaded.

I did.

The Big Optout website is coming up with more opt out strategies later this year.

You need to send this letter to your GP.

Comment

I work in proximity to this database every day.

There's a lot of misinformation about it.

The NHS Spine Record contains very rudimentary clinical information on a patient.

Access is controlled by a Smart Card and more specifically by particular "roles" associated with that specific card.

Eg, a Doctor would have a Smart Card with a "Clinical" role, allowing him full access to the Spine Record.

My Smart Card is not clincial, therefore I cannot log in to the system and view clinical data. I can check the client software works however, which is my job, since I can get as far as a login screen.

The article is sensationalist claptrap and obviously posted by someone with an ulterior motive.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

It was you!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Don't see what's new here... when I worked at a bank, I could see anyone's balance and spending habits I wanted. When I worked at an insurance co. I could see everyone's medical claims and health problem history.

Of course, in both those places I had agreed to the strictest confidentiality and wouldn't tell anyone DimPrawn had genital warts.
              Or Hemorrhoids like bunches of grapes
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You have to take these articles with a pinch of salt as, generally, they do not know what they are talking about.

You'll probably find that the access is indeed role-based and that each role can only see the information they need to to do their job...

Now where's that opt-out letter!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I too worked on this project, I did some field trials that proved it was a load od bollux.
                  I searched 'nymphomaniac' against my post code and it came up with forty two hits for my street

When I told the missus there was only one house in the street that did not contain a known nympho she said 'Oh it's probably that snooty b1tch in number 53'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X