• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

urgent help guys pimp possibly trying to screw me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgent help guys pimp possibly trying to screw me

just confirmed they are interested in taking me on, making out though that a manager was on sick leave and they are looking to confirm the rates with him, sounds like the agent is preparing to screw me on the day rate come the next 45mins or so. I have a feeling they will the agency will say that the manager never agreed to this rate of 260 a day and wants it reduced, and then they will say some how the job role has changed, what can i say to stop the agent from screwing me

I have a feeling that my rate of 260 will drop to sub 200.

Go for a different contract. That rate is rubbish*!

*assumed to be daily rate
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am pumped to provide the urgent help you require. What exactly would you like me to do?

Comment

Agree a rate you are happy with and if you can't get a rate you are happy with, don't take the contract.

Do you think the agency (or indeed end client) would agree to a deal they were not happy with?

The answer is no.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

you can always politely decline for financial reasons

what is your negotiation strategy ?

where is your value, what do you bring to the table, what can you add ?

Milan in 'bullsheet bingo' mode.

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
            just confirmed they are interested in taking me on, making out though that a manager was on sick leave and they are looking to confirm the rates with him, sounds like the agent is preparing to screw me on the day rate come the next 45mins or so. I have a feeling they will the agency will say that the manager never agreed to this rate of 260 a day and wants it reduced, and then they will say some how the job role has changed, what can i say to stop the agent from screwing me

Have I missed the first half of this - who, what, when, where, how much?

Anyway - if you aren't happy to work for the rate on offer, then find something else to do. Be prepared to justify why they should pay you more, and be prepared to walk if the offer doesn't match your skills / needs / wants / ability / sense of worth.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              skills / needs / wants / ability / sense of worth.
              Are you in a BS Bingo contest with milan?

Comment

Just say no

Remember, kids, if a pimp comes up to you and offers you sweeties*, JUST SAY NO

(* Also known as contract with a tulipe rate)
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  A round of reality sandwiches required alround.
                  Indeed. It is time to start munching those bad-boys. Wash it all down with a nice hot cup of keep-it-real coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post

Ever heard of the term 'negotiation' the more you earn the more the agent will earn. He will not want a £60 p/d loss anymore than you. If you situation is such that you can not afford to say no to the work then take the contract and feel no guilt in spending your day searching for a better position.

Comment

Working...
                    X