• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dongle Device Attachment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dongle Device Attachment

If you are using a USB dongle ignore the instructions to attach the parallel port dongle and click 'OK' to continue.
    Please click OK when you have attached the Dongle device to the parallel port on your computer.
    Pins on device mate with holes in computer's DB25 socket connector.

<OK><Cancel>
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    If you are using a USB dongle ignore the instructions to attach the parallel port dongle and click 'OK' to continue.
    Please click OK when you have attached the Dongle device to the parallel port on your computer.

<OK><Cancel>
    Hmmmm, how interesting, and how does that make you feel?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
      Hmmmm, how interesting, and how does that make you feel?
      Spod, are you secretly becoming a counsellor?
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

So somebody who doesn't already know how to insert a dongle is automatically assumed to know what a DB25 socket is.

Hum!

(I know what to do with a dongle, if you'd asked me out of context what a DB25 is I wouldn't have known)

tim

Comment

Good post

Originally posted by threaded

<OK><Cancel>
          Part of my job is to take instructions like that and turn them into something that human beings can use. I seem to have more and more of this to do recently.

It is actually quite fun, especially when 100 words of irrelevant bollocks can be distilled down to: Click OK.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
            So somebody who doesn't already know how to insert a dongle is automatically assumed to know what a DB25 socket is.

Hum!

(I know what to do with a dongle, if you'd asked me out of context what a DB25 is I wouldn't have known)

tim
            That's because you're not an engineer.

Comment

Actually I are an engineer, but when I last used a connector that big it was called a D-type. Now nothing that I work on has connectors that big. Big connectors are for consumer products and assuming that a consumer knows the engineering name for an item is silly.

tim

Comment

Thats what keep engineers in jobs though, if they used all the normal names consumers wouldn't get confused and call helpdesk and need an engineer to come out.

This sort of thing is keeping hundreds in work!!!

Comment

Working...
                X