• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's happened to the market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happened to the market?

Been looking for over a month now and not a sniff.

Usually I don't mind the time off but now I'm getting worried

Skills

What are your skills?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

The market has never been the same since Arthur died and Mark caught HIV.

Comment

VB/SQL stuff. Not .NET yet - can't see the point of spending 6 months learning it if I haven't got enough experience in it to land an interview.

Comment

10 year old MS technology. Hmmmmm, no wonder........

Do what I did about 3+ yrs ago. Pay for several .NET courses (I did 15 days of pure classroom training) and then sit and pass every .NET cert going and then get a lowish paid contract to get your foot in the door.

Costly but worth it in the long run.

PS. Do the courses in .NET V2.0 and VS.NET 2005, SQL Server 2005 if you can find them.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Dim, looks like I need to get wiv it!

Comment

I thought you were good at blagging Shimano...

Works for me

* I'll refrain from gloating over the fact that the market has never been better and I'm inundated with offers, and that real professionals keep themselves up to date *
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 July 2005, 12:54.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

DimPrawn, who did you do the classroom training with !?

Comment

I thought summer, particularly July-August were particularly poor for recruitment?

Comment

Shimano

recommend that you broaden you skillset as there are a lot of contracts out there and I know in my last few projects there has been a shortage of good technical people. As to what you should focus not sure but I imagine there others best placed to comment on that.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X