PDA

View Full Version : Porsche pulled a blinder there!

threaded
4th March 2008, 07:22
Anyone see that one coming yesterday: VW moves to 60+% of Scania (and it already has 50+% of MAN) then a short while later Porsche makes move to go to 50+% of VW.

That Ferdinand Piëch is one scarily clever guy, what a blinder.

Another thought that struck me is when was the last time you heard of an Engineer running a blue chip in the UK?

DodgyAgent
4th March 2008, 08:03
Anyone see that one coming yesterday: VW moves to 60+% of Scania (and it already has 50+% of MAN) then a short while later Porsche makes move to go to 50+% of VW.

That Ferdinand Piëch is one scarily clever guy, what a blinder.

Another thought that struck me is when was the last time you heard of an Engineer running a blue chip in the UK?

Gavin Patterson head of BT retail mech engineer
Joe Garner head of HSBC retail mech engineer

I think you will find an awful lot of engineers are running banks, retail companies, engineering companes and everything else

Fred Bloggs
4th March 2008, 08:29
I think you will find an awful lot of engineers are running banks, retail companies, engineering companes and everything elseThat's right. I forget the statistics but EC(UK) (used to be the Engineering Council) published a document last year about many things to do with Engineers employment. I was stunned to see the statistics relating to the number of Engineers in very senior positions in FTSE 100 companies. There were far more Engineers in the most senior positions than accountants. I was very surprised.

DodgyAgent
4th March 2008, 08:47
That's right. I forget the statistics but EC(UK) (used to be the Engineering Council) published a document last year about many things to do with Engineers employment. I was stunned to see the statistics relating to the number of Engineers in very senior positions in FTSE 100 companies. There were far more Engineers in the most senior positions than accountants. I was very surprised.

And it is a big problem, because Engineers are highly sought after not just for engineering jobs but also by banks, retailers and just about everyone else.

Unlike IT graduates.. I wonder why :happy

Diver
4th March 2008, 08:49
And it is a big problem, because Engineers are highly sought after not just for engineering jobs but also by banks, retailers and just about everyone else.

Unlike IT graduates.. I wonder why :happy

Because we Engineers are the Elite, of course.

DodgyAgent
4th March 2008, 08:50

You still need us though :happy

Diver
4th March 2008, 08:52
You still need us though :happy

Not really, I went back to uni and did my HND computing :p

DodgyAgent
4th March 2008, 08:56
Not really, I went back to uni and did my HND computing :p

so who wipes your ar*e then?

Diver
4th March 2008, 09:01

Oh yeh!

The downtrodden underlings, I forgot about them :laugh

sasguru
4th March 2008, 09:28

Psychotic East European "care" workers.
HTH

Diver
4th March 2008, 09:31
Psychotic East European "care" workers.
HTH

Ah! you have one too :rollin:

Churchill
4th March 2008, 10:37

I concur.

Churchill - In "IET" mode!