• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Porsche pulled a blinder there!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche pulled a blinder there!

Anyone see that one coming yesterday: VW moves to 60+% of Scania (and it already has 50+% of MAN) then a short while later Porsche makes move to go to 50+% of VW.

That Ferdinand Piëch is one scarily clever guy, what a blinder.

Another thought that struck me is when was the last time you heard of an Engineer running a blue chip in the UK?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Anyone see that one coming yesterday: VW moves to 60+% of Scania (and it already has 50+% of MAN) then a short while later Porsche makes move to go to 50+% of VW.

That Ferdinand Piëch is one scarily clever guy, what a blinder.

Another thought that struck me is when was the last time you heard of an Engineer running a blue chip in the UK?
    Gavin Patterson head of BT retail mech engineer
    Joe Garner head of HSBC retail mech engineer

I think you will find an awful lot of engineers are running banks, retail companies, engineering companes and everything else
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think you will find an awful lot of engineers are running banks, retail companies, engineering companes and everything else
      That's right. I forget the statistics but EC(UK) (used to be the Engineering Council) published a document last year about many things to do with Engineers employment. I was stunned to see the statistics relating to the number of Engineers in very senior positions in FTSE 100 companies. There were far more Engineers in the most senior positions than accountants. I was very surprised.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        That's right. I forget the statistics but EC(UK) (used to be the Engineering Council) published a document last year about many things to do with Engineers employment. I was stunned to see the statistics relating to the number of Engineers in very senior positions in FTSE 100 companies. There were far more Engineers in the most senior positions than accountants. I was very surprised.

And it is a big problem, because Engineers are highly sought after not just for engineering jobs but also by banks, retailers and just about everyone else.

Unlike IT graduates.. I wonder why
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          And it is a big problem, because Engineers are highly sought after not just for engineering jobs but also by banks, retailers and just about everyone else.

Unlike IT graduates.. I wonder why
          Because we Engineers are the Elite, of course.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Because we Engineers are the Elite, of course.

You still need us though

Comment

You still need us though
              Not really, I went back to uni and did my HND computing

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Not really, I went back to uni and did my HND computing
                so who wipes your ar*e then?

Comment

Oh yeh!

The downtrodden underlings, I forgot about them

Comment

Psychotic East European "care" workers.
                    HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!