• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freakonomics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freakonomics

Terrible book, do not believe the hype
    Coffee's for closers

Ditto "The book thief" I finished on the train this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Terrible book, do not believe the hype
      I quite enjoyed it...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Basic applied microeconomics..... for dummies.

OMGZ.... who'd a thunk a girl called Precious-Cristal would be from a lower socio-economic group than someone called Victoria. And get this.... she will be less prosperous also.

A-mazing. Lolz.

Comment

I quite enjoyed the section on drug dealers

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            That bit by itself could have made quite an interesting novel...
            ... as long as it wasn't written by the over excitable authors of freakonomics
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              That bit by itself could have made quite an interesting novel...
              ... as long as it wasn't written by the over excitable authors of freakonomics
              Isn't it being made (Or has been made) into a film? The drug dealer bit - sure I read that somewhere.

BTW I liked it. Also the bit on real estate dealers (i.e. they really are a bunch of sharks)
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                Q: Why do drug-dealers live with their mothers
                A: Cos the are at the bottom of the pecking order and don't earn much money.

The rest of the chapter is padding.

I hate the way this guy is sold as some kind of revolutioary thinker. Not so, my friends, not so.

Comment

Working...
                X