• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gloom lifts on Manchester housing Market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloom lifts on Manchester housing Market?

Or some cooking of the books.....

http://www.manchesterpropertyguide.c...-18488398.html

Estate agent chain Savills recently said that first-time buyers in Manchester are better off than their counterparts in London because of the quality and the price of homes on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      A completely non-biased report of the current market. I trust them so much that I have just put down a deposit on three city centre apartments as they are bound to shoot up at 10-12% per year... Bargain.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I think someone earning 30-60k in manchester will have a considerably better life in Manchester than London.

also look at the higher end and whats available to you

http://www.jackson-stops.co.uk/cgi-b.../sales_list.pl

Comment

I think someone earning 30-60k in manchester will have a considerably better life in Manchester than London.
          No tulip sherlock

The point is that Manchester is some miles away from London, there is no point to compare them at all because people don't live in Manchester to commute to work in London, so if you are in Manchester then you might as well compare house buying in Tokyo or Monaco or Alpha Centauri to think that life is a lot better in Manchester.

Comment

No tulip sherlock

The point is that Manchester is some miles away from London, there is no point to compare them at all because people don't live in Manchester to commute to work in London, so if you are in Manchester then you might as well compare house buying in Tokyo or Monaco or Alpha Centauri to think that life is a lot better in Manchester.

I do not understand your point. 'Manchester is some miles from London' I believe Shergar has been kidnapped too.....to quote Mr Rodney Marsh "whats your point"

Comment

No tulip sherlock

Actually that's not a bad comparison. I'd commute from there.

Comment

I do not understand your point. 'Manchester is some miles from London'
                What's the point to compare living conditions in Manchester with London, which is, if I am not mistaken, around 4 hours by train? It would have made sense if you compared some place around M25 with living costs in London because it makes sense - people can live there and commute to work in London.

However people who live in Manchester are unlikely to do so, therefore the basis for comparison is inherently flawed - there is no point to compare it to London anymore than comparing to Tokyo. Indeed, why not real estate agents start showing how big UK houses are comparing them to Japanese houses? This would make a doghouse in London look huge!

Comment

What's the point to compare living conditions in Manchester with London, which is, if I am not mistaken, around 4 hours by train? It would have made sense if you compared some place around M25 with living costs in London because it makes sense - people can live there and commute to work in London.

However people who live in Manchester are unlikely to do so, therefore the basis for comparison is inherently flawed - there is no point to compare it to London anymore than comparing to Tokyo. Indeed, why not real estate agents start showing how big UK houses are comparing them to Japanese houses? This would make a doghouse in London look huge!
                  About 2hrs 15mins.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
                    About 2hrs 15mins.
                    Yeah that's better than before, but still my point stands - you'd have to be pretty crazy to commute from Manchester to London - you might as well live in Brum

Comment

Working...
                    X